“Diner Food At It's Best!” 4 of 5 stars

315-322-5332
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: American
“Diner Food At It's Best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love the Hometown Cafe. It's your typical greasy diner, but oh so tasty and comforting. Our favorite comfort food go to.

They have the best burgers and fries. I always get the same thing, but everything I have seen come out of the kitchen looks delicious. The fried fish dinner is very tasty as well as the hot turkey open-face sandwich. But, the desserts are so YUMMY! We love all the cream pies which I believe are home-cooked on the premises. Either way, they are delicious, and many choices.

The cafe itself is not much to brag about. It could use a little TLC and updating. The bathrooms are ok, but need more light and some cleaning. There is the traditional long counter with stools for the "guys" who tend to enjoy the company of others instead of eating alone.

I am very picky when it comes to where I eat, but I have always had a great meal here. The servers are a bit slow and don't come by often enough to check and see if you need anything. I was very thirsty on our last visit, and she never refilled my drink during the meal. We always have to go to the cashier, or wait forever for our waitress to bring our check. We don't mind though since we are never in a hurry to get anywhere after we eat there.

The Hometown Cafe is a nice inexpensive place to get a great meal anytime of the day. I still love the burgers and fries. :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond
“Nice little diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This local restaurant is located in Madrid, NY off the beaten path. The staff is pleasant and prompt. the food is basically good. Nothing fancy, but reasonably princed and enjoyable. The locals have a popular place to frequent and travelers have a pleasant stop that won't be disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, New York, United States
“Hometown Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The service is good, the food is diner food, the salt and the excess fat should become a thing of the past. I hope that this restaurant in my hometown will consider participating in the Fit-Pix program being offered by the Creating Healthy Places Program through the Health Initiative and offer some healthy alternatives to the standard diner fare. Our entire community can use it.

Visited September 2012