“Service with a smile” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Lynbrook B&B and Inns
tamaqua,pa
“Service with a smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

While checking in early at the hotel and other guests were trying to check out ,the line was a little long there.Tianna was the only receptionist behind the desk trying to take care of the guest and answering the phone. She did call for help but no one showed up to help her. Tianna was extemly nice and held her composure,I know I would have been flustered,she handled each guest and their business as if they were the only ones there. The line moved along quickly and everyone seemed pleased with their service. Our room was doubled booked and Tianna quickly found us another room with free upgrading,since it was the hotels fault. After we were in our room the tv did not work. We called down to the front desk, the man that answered the phone said he would tell maintenance. We left to attend our function when we returned the tv was still not fixed. Called down to the front desk and spoke with Tianna. Within 5 minutes there was a knock on the door, it was Tianna, she came in,fixed the tv,apologized for the delay and left with a smile.You would think I would say I was not happy with my stay, but it was the way Tianna handled all of our concerns and problems that made it an enjoyable stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for a few days due to work bringing me into the Long Beach area and the Allegria hotel was way too expensive. Absolutely loved my rooms and the service I was getting from the breakfast host to housekeeping to front desk. Everything was great except for Tiana the weekend girl...my god what an attitude on her. At least she can multi task by holding "helping" me with a billing issue where she charged my credit card three, yes 3!!!!!! Times. I was livid but at the same she's talking on her cell phone as well as the hotel main phone line. Another time I went to speak to her I even hear her over the phone complaining about the same company she's working for about her not having enough working hours. I must say thank god for the owner for give her the minimum because increasing her hours means a decrease in business for sure. But other than "Miss Personality" (believe me it's nothing nice) everything else was perfect. Rooms were wonderful only other issue was the keys not working all the time but that happens.

Room Tip: Get room on back side of building and avoid tiana
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

After missing our connection flight we have spent long long time at JFK airport .
Way past midnight we have arrived to this hotel with no more than the clothes we had on for the past day .
It took no more than 2 minutes for the receptionist to give us our room and later on when we realized that we had no toothbrushes he gladly provided them with a toothpaste to go .
Nice big room, perfectly clean and really helpful staff were a nice surprise .
Breakfast was modest but enough for us .
I liked the relaxed and friendly atmosphere and would gladly stay in this hotel again .

Room Tip: There was a really bright light outside our room window illuminating the parking lot that made us fe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Not only did we have kind people at the desk when we missed our flight out of New
York, we had a clean room and very helpful service. I left an earring in the room
that was precious to me, the staff went above and beyond to locate it and mail it
to me . . .restores my faith in people while traveling!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an eleven night stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Lynbrook, N.Y. The rooms are large and kept extremely clean. Front desk personnel were polite and efficient. Although we asked for a quiet room upon booking the hotel a few months prior to our stay, we were given a room facing Sunrise Highway, a very busy thoroughfare for our first night. Upon complaining about the noise from the outside road, we were given a room at the back of the hotel the following night which was very quiet and allowed us to get a full nights sleep.
The breakfast is quite sparse for the price paid. Very often the yogurt and fruit, consisting of only bananas , was not replentished regularly and if you happened to arrive at breakfast when these items were not available you did without.
There is only one washer and dryer in the laundry room so if you need to do laundry try to pick a time when you feel people will be busy doing other things.
The location is quite good for the Nassau county area and we were always able to park in their large parking lot with no charge.
Check your bill at check-out as local 516 calls were added to our bill although it is written on the telephone that 516 and 1-800 numbers can be dialed from the room with no charge but we were charged 75 cents for each local call. Upon showing this to the women at the desk, she immediately apologized and removed these telephone charges.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel, not facing the Highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Nicely decorated lobby and a pleasant staff make this hotel a winning combination. Nicely located in good proximatey to area beachs, Rockville Center and area airports. The customer service is excellent, the general manager ad his staff go above and beyond. Great choice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I can not begin to say enough wonderful things about this hotel and their staff, especially Michael Morash. I reserved a block of rooms here for my July wedding and the customer service and attention to detail was incredible. Not only are the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable, but the staff really does go above and beyond. I had no worries about my wedding block that stayed here and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to say on Long Island and be close to area airports as well as the beach and other attractions. Thank you again for easing my mind with my wedding planning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook? Share your experiences!