“Good Location, Clean, and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Lynbrook B&B and Inns
Haifa, Israel
“Good Location, Clean, and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Friendly and efficient front desk personnel. Check-in and check-out handled quickly. Parking available with no charge. Rooms are a nice size with good Wi-Fi Internet connection. Rooms are clean with bathroom toiletries. Breakfast was a bit sparse for the price.
Hint: Sign-up for Priority Rewards Program and you can earn points or airline miles. You receive e-mails about special earnings deals throughout the year. As a Rewards member, you are entitled to receive a complimentary drink and small bag of treats at check-in.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the back of the hotel and away from the main road-Sunrise Highway.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband is a frequent business traveller...commuting between Tampa FL and Manhattan every week. My son and I wanted to visit friends on Long Island, and my husband commuted back and forth to Manhattan during our stay, while my son and I enjoyed time at the beach with our friends. This hotel seemed located in a perfect place for our needs. At first we were pleasantly surprised, the place seemed clean, and nice enough. Then in the evenings we noticed this horrible "skunk" smell coming from the hallway that leads to the rooms. We were there two nights and one night it was bad enough to make my son gag. Luckily, it didn't permeate into the room too badly. The breakfast was nothing I would want to eat, but ok for my 7 year old who loves sugary cereal. The big complaint however is yet to come. On the day we met our friends at the beach we came back to the room covered in sand and ready for showers. Upon entering the bathroom I noticed that the huge bag of toiletries I left next to the sink were gone. We had everything in this bag...new makeup I had just bought, vitamins and medications, blow dryer and hair products, etc. When we told the staff that the cleaning people must have thrown it out, we were told they would get in touch with the manager (who was not on site) and see what they could do. Long story short, they admitted they threw out our bag (and several other items too) and they would credit us $50.00, anything else they would need receipts. Who keeps receipts for these things? No apology, in fact, the front desk clerk called my cellphone and referred to this as "about you misplacing your bag.". I can't even remember all the things that were thrown out. I do know some of my son's plastic Disney toys were in there ...but I won't mention it to him. Very sad that they don't care. Not worth the skunk smell.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the elevator! All we heard all night was
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Michael M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
We strive to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Here the guest was looking for two free nights or a room credit of $400 dollars as compensation for the lost toiletry items. It is important to point out that that the maid did not throw out a piece of luggage, or a toiletry case, but rather a plastic bag that was left next to the vanity garbage. This was an honest mistake by housekeeping. The guest provided us with a list of the discarded items and we offered to issue a credit of $50.00 dollars based on the replacement cost. We also stated that if they felt the value of the items was more they would need to provide us with a receipt and we would increase the amount of money. I don’t see how a receipt is unreasonable request especially when the list provided by the guest changed as time went on to include toys and souvenirs.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is decorated nicely and kept clean, which is most important. But, it is very close to a very busy road and I heard traffic all night. This may be solved by booking in the back of the hotel, by the parking lot side, which I would think is quieter.
I also wish that they would think of us ladies when designing a hotel room. A make-up mirror is always a big help in the bathroom and brighter lighting in the room would help a lot!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

July 15-2011 my wife Birthday. The room 129 and furnishing was very clean except the Carpet smells dusty at the end of the day and nights. I asumed there was a Pool. My family was very disapointed!!!. We had to find the nearest beaches. Room 129 is on the 1st flr, the window view is two old broken down wood fences that can turn a beautifull weekend into a nightmare...The good thing about it, we went to all the nice Beaches/Restaurants within 6-12 miles radius. ($Four Hundred & Eighty $$ for 2 nights)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I am glad enjoyed the area restaurants and the local beaches: Long Beach, Jones Beach, and Atlantic Beach are all less than 20 minutes away. We do not have a pool at our hotel, but we do have an agreement in place with a nearby Bally’s Health and Fitness. Our guests can use their pool and fitness center free of charge. This facility even has certain periods designated for families with children.
Montague, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Greeted by a very friendly staff upon arriving. Room very clean and spacious and comfortable. Great to have a refrig and microwave in room. The bed was comfortable with the right amount of pillows to add to a great nights sleep. Great hot and cold breakfast in a very stylish lobby area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Westbrook, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I would strongly suggest this hotel. Employees were wonderful. Rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was A+ on the day and night shift. My family did not rent a vehicle while we were there the front desk always was willing to call a cab for us to get to our locations. I do think the hotel is losing out on not having a hotel shuttle. Considering they are so close to JFK airport.

I would stay there again anytime and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express is in a great location, very clean, well appointed and has a fantastic Staff. The Lobby has a great sitting area for gathering.

I will give a HUGE THANK YOU to the Housekeeping Staff. We were in town for a weddig and my wife brought a few pieces of diamond jewelry. We checked out on Sunday morning, and upon our return to AZ Sunday night she realized that she LEFT THE JEWELRY IN THE ROOM! I called the Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook immediately and was told to call Housekeeping fisrt thing in the morning. The next morning, Housekeeping MADE OUR DAY by reporting that they had the jewelry... all of the pieces. After being SOOO relieved, we realized how lucky we were that the Hotel had such an honest Housekeeping Staff.

I gladly, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS to all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynbrook? Share your experiences!