“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ridge View Lodge

Ridge View Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lowville
Ridge View Lodge
You added Ridge View Lodge to your Saves list
7491 State Highway 12, Lowville, NY 13367   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Lowville B&B and Inns
Adirondack, New York
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Great Place to stay. Rooms are very spacious and clean, and the owners and staff very helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pleasant Valley, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011 via mobile

I booked a $100 a night room. The lodge clerk inadvertently placed me in a $150 jacuzi room. When I checked out, I discovered the error. The desk clerk called the owners who offered to drop the price to $130. The clerk who booked the room denied the error and the owners took his word over mine. It's not the price but the condescending tone of the owner that is clear in my mind. I did appreciate the offer to lower the price to $130 but informed the owner that I would perfer to write a bad review instead of accepting a refund. I have been in involved in customer service my entire life. The Ridge View Lodge owners have much to learn. I'm sure they will respond with their own version of this story. However, nothing excuses rudeness and condescension. :)

• Stayed June 2011
TJM311, Owner at Ridge View Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Tim sent an email asking me if we had Jacuzzi rooms available. I responded to the email stating we had two different types of Jacuzzi rooms and told him the cost of each room, one being $99 plus taxes and the other being $150 plus taxes. When Tim called the Ridge View to book the reservation he spoke with a gentlemen on the phone. In their conversation Tim wanted a Jacuzzi room. The gentlemen that Tim spoke with told him the two different styles of Jacuzzi rooms and then checked the book and told Tim the only Jacuzzi we had left was a newer Jacuzzi style room. He told Tim it was a $150.00. Tim told the employee to write him in the book. When Tim arrived at the Ridge View he did not want to pay for the room upon arrival he wanted to pay at check out. When Tim checked out with the young lady working the desk on Sunday morning he asked for the total of the room and she told him. She said she charged the credit card. Upon looking at his receipts he said he was told the room was only $99.00 a night. She explained to him again the two different style of Jacuzzi rooms that we have and the price of each. That is when I received the phone call from her stating the confusion. Tim got on the phone and said he was given the wrong price. I told him we would give him a discount on the room and he piped up on the phone and said "WHAT ABOUT THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS BEING RIGHT" I said that is not always true and I would have to call the employee he spoke with to hear his side of the conversation. Upon speaking to the employee Tim made the reservation with my husband called and spoke with Tim. My husband offered Tim the discounted price as well and Tim wanted to continue the heated discussion and then threatened to write a bad review. Unfortunately, Tim misunderstood the rates and did not want the discount, instead told us he was going to pay the full rate and give us a bad review. We thought Tim was condescending and rude towards us on the phone as well. My husband and I have also been working in public service our whole lives and we have learned over the years no matter how hard you try you will never make everyone happy. We are all just trying to make a living and do the best we can and learn everyday from our experiences. We have many patrons that stay with us whether it's business or pleasure and we are told frequently how nice it is to stay in a place where people are so friendly and personable. I get many emails from people and little notes that are left in the rooms thanking us for our hospitality. I am sorry that Tim feels the way he does about my husband and I, but he does not know us and he put us in a situation that we felt we handled appropriately.
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed at the Ridge view hotel for a friends wedding, as did the entire wedding party and most of the guests. The rooms and hotel were clean but the customer service was HORRIBLE! The man who claimed to be the owner had NO customer service skills, placed the wedding party at different ends of the hotel and yelled at us when we were running back and forth trying to get ready. We could barely talk without getting a call to quiet down and on the wedding night he proceeded to yell, scream and swear at the Bride who was just getting back from her reception. I found the service there appalling, I travel a lot, and have stayed in plenty of hotels and I have NEVER seen (or heard) anything like this. If your looking for a stress-free place to stay and you have kids or you want to talk and have a good time, DO NOT stay at the Ridge View hotel, the website says it's under new ownership, well new owner you need some severe training in class, ethics and customer service!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
tmiller311, Owner at Ridge View Lodge, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Owning the Ridge View Lodge the past four years has been a great learning experience for both my husband and I. I, myself, a former teacher and my husband a teacher at the present time enjoy being with and around people of all ages. We have met so many wonderful people around the world and enjoy listening to their experiences. Once in a while we come across issues that we come face to face with and have to deal with in the best way we know how. Unfortunately, we had one of these issues with this particular wedding party. There was absolutely no behavior problems whatsoever when this wedding party checked in. Although we try to keep wedding parties together down the same hallways sometimes it is impossible to do so. The Bride & Groom requested a Jacuzzi room which unfortunately wasn't near the other guests. The other rooms near them were taken by people who were long term guests, staying for more than four months, working in the area. We also had other groups staying with us during this busy time. It is a first come first serve basis when it comes to booking blocks of rooms. We gave this wedding party what we had left for rooms at the time they booked. The summer is a busy time for most hotels and we accommodate the best we can. This specific wedding party had less then ten rooms booked. We had no problem at all with half of these rooms. The only problem we faced with the wedding party was when they arrived back at the hotel after the reception ended. They wanted to bring the party back to the hotel after 11:00pm and party in the hallways. We are very friendly people and can laugh and have a good time with our guests but, when someone becomes disrespectful to our property we have to draw the line. They were running up and down the hallways being loud and obnoxious. Wine was being spilled on our carpets, they were using foul language, one took an item off the front desk and threw it. At that time we started getting complaints from other guests and something had to be done. They were told they had to quiet down more than once. Finally, when my husband had enough they were told to go back to their rooms. At that point a few of the wedding guests who were under the influence of alcohol lost their temper and started shouting, using foul language, at my husband. We have had many wedding parties stay with us in the last four years. We understand it is a happy and joyful time for all that are involved, but we have to take into consideration all of the other guests that are staying with us as well. We want everyones stay to be a positive experience here at the Ridge View Lodge.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

The Ridge View is a great place to stay. Great owners and staff. Good continental breakfast, clean rooms, cable tv, plenty of parking, competitivly priced. If your a snowmobiler this is a great place, Hotel is right on trail, snowmobile friendly, also close to local conveniances, Wal Mart, restaurants, drug stores, gas stations. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Ridge View Lodge? Share your experiences!