“Location, location, location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake
You added Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake to your Saves list
1245 Main Street, Route 30N, PO Box 355, Long Lake, NY 12847-0355   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Long Lake
Lexington
“Location, location, location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We ended up at the Hotel unexpectedly after we we needed a rest from camping. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable and a good price. Be warned some rooms have a shared bath and the noise from the bar and restaurant make it hard to get to sleep early. That said, the location is absolutely perfect being across the street from an amazing public beach on the lake, a well-stocked grocery store where you can buy lunch, a small breakfast stand, and next door to a canoe/kayak rental. We would definitely return again and bring earplugs.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've wanted to stay here for so long and got the chance when relatives visited from the UK. We had the apartment! It was perfect for the six of us. (Four adults, two children). We brought our own breakfast foods and were able to enjoy a relaxing morning.

This hotel is not for those looking for spas and high end finishes. This is a basic hotel. What is fantastic is the view! We sat on the second story veranda and enjoyed the sun set. Even though this hotel is right on the road, it was very quiet.

As for dinner, we had the BBQ which is on offer Wednesdays and Saturdays in the summer. It was delish! My boys had a pizza which they enjoyed! And you should try the garlic fries! YUMMY!

The hotel was spotless! From the windows to the baseboards, it was clean! The porch was mopped in the morning! A perfect place to have some coffee!!!!

All in all, if you like quirky, interesting places with history, this is a great place!

Room Tip: There is no pool, but the beach and air service are across the street with a grocery store nearby...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lake Luzerne, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our first time at the Adirondack Hotel we sat down to eat dinner. As we looked over the menu, my boyfriend decided to order the Grilled Seafood Salad and I ordered the Short Rib entree. When our waiter came to take our order our waiter returned to let us know that they were out of scallops so my b/f decided to order what I had... wrong choice! It was not what we had expected. The short ribs were just shredded meat over risotto which was mush. Our meal was ready in 5 minutes (which we thought was odd) and after taking a bite of it, it was lukewarm. We prob. should have sent it back but were were hungry after a long ride on the motorcycle! We were quite disappointed or maybe it was just a bad menu choice. Maybe this item should be removed from the menu BUT we will give this restaurant another try when we are back in the area.. maybe just stick to burgers!

Room Tip: we did not stay in a room.. just passing by
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbell, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We normally camp while in the Adirondacks but since we are not winter campers we decided to stay here this past Saturday night. Please check with the staff prior to booking your room as too wether not not they have a band. While our dinner was really good (we had a Cobb salad and pizza) our room was not. We stayed in the suite on the second floor (at $125 for the night) but could not get to sleep until after 2am. This suite is located directly above the bar and the band played until 2am. I would never have booked this room had I known this beforehand. We felt ripped off due to this and I cannot in good faith make a recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Marion, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend in Long Lake. We had dinner everynight at the Adirondack Hotel after having our first dinner there we wanted to go back for more. The service was excellent, staff were friendly and the food was wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone who was visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Irondequoit, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am only reviewing the lunch we had there this past Saturday. We had driven by this restaurant/hotel for 12 years and never stopped, so since the timing was right this year we decided to stop in. We expected to have to wait because a group of bikers left saying they couldn't be seated, but when we walked inside the hostess said they had just set up a table for 8 for the bikers and were full but we could eat at the bar. I told her the bikers just took off - you could tell the hostess was irritated but she offered us one of those tables. We choose the bar anyway as there were just the 2 of us and we wanted to be in and out quick.

We had burgers - not something I usually order but the meat was no hormone/grass fed and I'd heard good things about them. I had the mushroom Swiss, my husband had the cheddar bacon. Both came with tomato and lettuce on a bun and potato chips on the side. We also ordered a side of onion rings. The burgers were big and juicy. We both ordered medium, but mine was unevenly cooked and more on the medium rare side for about 1/4 of the patty. I could have sent it back but after I had eaten so much I felt funny about doing that. Hubby's was perfect. The onion rings were crisp and not greasy at all - the best I've had in a long time.

I liked sitting at the bar because we were able to talk to locals (hubby from the region) and watch the Ryder Cup. We even met Molly Irvine (a local co-author of a book 'Adirondack Eats' which we were able to buy in the gift store) and chat with her - but I realize this is not to everyone's liking.

The burgers are a little higher priced than you can get elsewhere, but this is due to the high quality meat. In my opinion they were very tasty and worth the price. And be sure to get the onion rings!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Springs, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

While staying in Newcomb for a week vacation, companion and i made the trip to Long Lake to shop and have dinner one night. We had to wait for the table but did not mind as the bar was fun and the wait was not long...we were seated in the dining room, not in the cafe overlooking the lake...where evidently most wanted to sit. The Hotel is aging but has an interesting ambience for dinner...we had a table by the window off of the porch -(the porch would be nice for drinks in the warmer summer months). The food was good but they had run out of things including the ice cream i wanted...there was a canoe race that day and a run on everything...but the waitress comped our dessert as we did not get what we had asked for. Well we had such a good time that later in the week we treated ourselves to another dinner there and sat in the busy cafe section - which was fun for people watching. Oh yes, the food was good this time too -would like to return in the summer!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake? Share your experiences!