“Worst lunch I ever had on the road” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake
You added Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake to your Saves list
1245 Main Street, Route 30N, PO Box 355, Long Lake, NY 12847-0355   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Long Lake
USA
“Worst lunch I ever had on the road”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

DONT eat here. I thought you had to be in South America to be served instant coffee
and the sandwich I had tasted like it was dog meat that had been microwaved but not cooked. The waitress was a grouchy twit who seemed to know how bad the food was.
You could tell she was tired of the bad reactions to the food. Skip this place.
There is a decent diner in town but it closes around 2 pm at least for lunch.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Woodbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were traveling through the Adirondacks after staying in Saratoga Springs for a few days for a much needed vacation when we decided it was too late to start home. We saw the hotel and read the mixed reviews bit decided to give it a try. We love old inns and are willing to deal with no modern conveniences.

It was June 1st, the start of the season. It was also Wednesday. The bar was busy but the hotel was empty. I had called earlier in the afternoon and was assured that there were plenty of rooms and that I didn't need a reservation.

A waitress came over to us after a few minutes and asked if she could help us. I told her I had called about a room. She went into the bar and spoke to someone. Then she came back and offered for is to see a room and that the rate was $120.00 I asked if that was the best they could do since the hotel was empty and yesterday the rate was $80.00 I was told that was the rate since the season starts on June 1st.
So we went to see the room, it was clean, the bed was so soft that when you laid on it you roll into the center!

We saw other rooms as all the doors were open and decided to stay any way if we could have a different room.

Well, when we went back to the desk no one came to talk to is. The bar was noisy and we went in but no one asked if they could help. The waitress saw us several times waiting at the desk but ignored us. We left the key on the desk after waiting for service after 20 minutes! If you need a friendly reasonable place to stay in Long Lake drive 3 minutes away and stay at the Shamrock Motel and cottages! It has comfortable beds, tv, refrigerators, a beach, lake views and knowledgable helpful friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2011
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Ok not even sure where to start. We where spendng a special weekend in the Adirondacks for my S/O's 50th Birthday. So I wanted someplace special for dinner. When we arrived it was not busy. There was a clerk behind the desk who didnt even look at us just made notes on a clipboard, then walked out. Next a woman appears, doesnt look at us and says what can I do for you? OK 2 for dinner? Asks where we want to eat, I guess we chose the fly infested cafe. (OK Northeast, warm fall day it happens) From there we were greeted by our waitress who seems nice enough but neither speaks or understands english very well. She trys to explain the specials which we got thru. She gave us the wine list. After coming back 3 times only to tell us our selection is not available, I simply ordered a glass of house Pinot Noir, which was not Pinot Noir, my boyfriend opted for a beer, with lime, yup she forgot the lime. Still we were ok. We ordered our meals. Thank god we ordered appetizers. It took over an hour to be served, people had been seated and left after us. Finally our meals come not as they were ordered and cold! Since it was a special occasion we had not complained and were just going with it. After a couple bites we decided we couldnt even eat it. When the waitress finally came back and asked us if we wanted it wrapped we politely told her just to bring the ck, that we couldnt even eat this. And she disappears again. After 10-15 minutes, which seemed like an hr, we walked out to the lobby. Where we saw her talking to the woman at the front desk and said right in front of us"They are the ones I was telling you about" Honestly we laughed and just wanted to get out of there. The woman at the desk became very combative because we ate the appetizers and had 2 drinks..and just wanted to give us a discount. #1. Not even an I so sorry. #2 I wasnt looking for a discount. I asked to speak to the owner, yup wait for it...She was the owner..Didnt even care. Needless to say I would never go back. During our wait we over heard guests form the hotel complaining and an other gentleman complaining about a burger. Its a shame that this place is so run down and is owned by such rude and uncaring people. Wish I had visited years ago before these people purchased it. I would highly recommend the Shamrock hotel and the little bar/grill right across the bridge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gloucester County, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We were treated like afterthoughts in the restaurant: rushed, barely and sloppily attended to.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Great rustic experience. If you're the boring tyer looking for the same old ordinary thing, don't bother staying here. If you enjoy someting unique and you love natural beuty, you may end up loving this place. We do!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I hadn't stayed at the Adirondack Hotel in several years and was happy to find that it retains all the traditional charm I'd remembered. It's not a modern box with all the usual amenities and that's the point. This hotel is perhaps the last of the old-style, non-resort, inns in the entire region. I chose a room without private bath and suffered no ill effects or inconvenience whatsoever. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and convivial. The lakeview restaurant and cozy tap room are frequented by travelers and locals alike. No breakfast though, but that's what the Long Lake Diner is for - another classic establishment. If you're looking for accommodations you won't find around just any corner at home, the Adirondack Hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
rochester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I planned a getaway in the Adirondacks on our way to visit relatives. We have visited most of the lakes in the region but we had never spent the night at Long Lake. We booked the hotel rather hastily and we should have looked at a few more web sites and viewed this site before making our arrangements.

On the plus side, the hotel is centrally located across the road from a pretty lake view. The second floor veranda was lovely for a respite. The restaurants were also good with good food, and the bar is available if a guest wants to hang out.

But the room was small, about 12 feet by 12 feet, without AC, phone, hair dryer or TV. We should have known this because the web site offered shared bath rooms and private bath rooms, a clue that this is a 19th century functional property, lacking in modern comforts. We booked a room with private bath and the bathroom had been renovated so it was OK.

So if you want this kind of experience, this is fine for you, but I prefer a little more spacious room with a TV. (they did have internet but no desk or table!) Also at $120 a night, I found the price ridiculous for what I got, even if it is the peak season.

The room was noisy from street traffic and the veranda was right outside the bedroom window.

The property had a charm about it from olden days gone by, but it was in a state of disrepair. The veranda needed painting, both floor and ceiling, and the balcony spokes were loose in a couple places. The wall paper to the third floor was pealing. The lobby and restaurants were very nice.

In summary, if you know what you are getting and you are fine with it, then stay here. Otherwise, come for dinner but find an adequate and clean motel room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Adirondack Hotel on Long Lake? Share your experiences!