“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Journey's End Cottages

Journey's End Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Journey's End Cottages
You added Journey's End Cottages to your Saves list
Route 28N & 30, Long Lake, NY 12847-0096   |
Pittsburgh
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dan and Marlene August 2013
My Husband and I recently stayed at the Journey's End in "Nest" Cottage. We found the place to be very neat and clean and orderly and most of all relaxing. It was our first trip to the Adirondack Mtns and enjoyed every minute. The owner, Jerry Sullivan, is very kind and has a wealth of information to share. His Springer Spaniel "Moose"was also a real sweetie. If the opportunity ever presents itself again we would surely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

the interior of the cottages our group rented were in need of some TLC. We felt that the owner was like "Big Brother" watching us & reiterating his rules & regs often enough to make it uncomfortable for us. We are responsible adults who travel often staying in 4+ star accommodations . We will not return.

• Stayed July 2012
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Journeys End is a small cottage community. The owner, Jerry, takes great pride in keeping his grounds clean. Some of the guest that stayed before us seemed to be very messy and smoked a lot. They left cigarette butts everywhere. Some people seem to think that just because the are renting a place they can do whatever they want.

My family enjoyed fishing, swimming, and playing with Moose. We are sure to return every year as long as Jerry and Journey's End exist.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Olmsted, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family traveled to Journeys End with a group of family and friends. We wait all year for this week of "framily". We arrived on Saturday to Jerry greeting us with complaints about the JEWS that stayed before us. Mind you we have all been on the road for 10 hours. We were looking forward to a week of peace. Instead we had Jerry constantly complaining about our parking of cars, our late night get togethers, porch lights being left on too long...etc. Our group rented out the entire property. We were his only guests that week. When he wasn't complaining he was asking for favors....can we help tie his boat up...can we fix his computer. We tried to make peace by bringing him dinner one night and a bottle of wine only to be insulted. I will say that it is a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. It is extremely close to the road and the beach area is small for the amount of land he has. OHHH and bring a pooper scooper because Moose poops and Jerry leaves it there. Nothing better than being on vacation and having to clean up the mess of the property owners dog. Long Lake is a beautiful place but Journeys End is not the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jerry S, Owner at Journey's End Cottages, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
This was a large group that rented all the cottages and therefore felt entitled to ignore the rules and regulations I impose as well as the State of New York They said since the had rented all the cottages they should be able to do as they pleased and got upset when I informed them otherwise and continued to behave in a very noisy and annoying behavior. My rules are for the best enjoyment of all guests and the State Health Laws determine or post many others.
olmsted twp
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family has been vacationing in the Adirondacks since before I was born. During my childhood is was "summer" to me and I have always been intoxicated by the warm friendly innkeepers - whose hospitality made you feel like family. At Journeys End you do feel like family - like free-loading adolescent cousins who are there due to the benevolence of Jerry.

The cottages are clean and neat and fairly comfortable if a bit small. Located right on 28, the space is tight. Instead of having the call of the loons and the lapping of waves to lull you to sleep, it is the sounds of the highway. We stayed in Vista and the view was of the road and parking lot. My sisters family's porch, in another cottage looked out over the lake one way - beautiful - and into the next cottages bedroom windows the other. Space is tight! Actually there is a large amount of waterfront but the guests are only privy to a small part - probably less than 100 feet. Look at the photos - what you see is all there is. The remainder is private for Jerry, and he lets you know this before your feet get into your cottage . One cottage actually overlooks his private beach and dock - like I say I felt like he was forced to let us stay, instead of being paying guests.

Our group of family and friends rented out the entire establishment so having a group on the dock or beach was fine. I think if it were strangers in each cottage it may be a bit crowded and lacking privacy.

The Adirondacks are full of wonderful, hospitable establishments whose proprietors work hard to ensure their guests are comfortable and relaxed. Journeys End is not one of them. I am a 60 year old retired Nurse Practitioner, my family and friends are well traveled professionals. At Journeys End you are treated like misbehaving idiot adolescence freeloaders. And yes we did here about the JEWS and other previous guests. How does he stay in business??

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I have been in this business over 50 yr. and do 70% return business I do have rules and regulations for the peaceful enjoyment of all guests. It is unfortunate when I must ask guests to adhere to these basic rules or those imposed by NY State Health Dept. I have an excellent reputation as indicated by AAA and Health Dept. with not one complaint ever. Unfortunately on a rare occasion a guest is upset when I have to remind them of some rules as posted in each cottage and at the waterfront site.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have stayed at Journeys End numerous time and have always enjoyed my stay. The cabins are clean and comfortable. I love the lake and surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We are returning to Journey's End for our fifth year, and that really says it all. We love the location on Long Lake, and the large dock on a small shallow sandy beach. The charming cabins are perfect for us - clean, quiet, and comfortable. The kitchen is small, but it has everything we need. We actually cook and eat most of our meals at the cabin or use the outside Barbecue. Jerry is a welcoming and friendly host and provides useful maps, and recommendations for hikes and other activities. He makes us feel at home when there. This is a great base camp for our week of fishing. I would highly recommend Journey's End and looking forward to another stay this summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Journey's End Cottages? Share your experiences!