“A diner” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Late Night
New York City, New York
“A diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

A diner with diner food. Coffee is tastey but coffee cups are very small. You have to get three refils in order to have a 'good cup of coffee' If you are a vegiterian dont order eggs, They are cooked on the same grill as the bacon and you can definitely taste the bacon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oulton Broad, United Kingdom
“Hugh servings !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch before going into town.
At the bottom of the stairs from the 'N' & "Q" trains, so we passed this diner quite often, but never really thought to go in.
How wrong could we have been!
We spent lunch here and could have stayed all afternoon!
We ordered two specials salads and fries, and received HUGE servings! More than enough for two people to share. The meat on my salad was amazing, massive amounts! I only just finished it all, but the fries were hardly touched.
Washed down with wine, we managed to order desserts. Meringue and seven layer cake, again amazing !
Finally washed down with some corfee !
We had a great time.
The staff were really nice and helpfull, we only wish we had visited on day one, not the day before we were due to leave.
Keep up the good work guys !!!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“So so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Came here to test it out with a group of 2. First thing I noticed when walking in was the noise level and decorations. I couldn't believe that they were able to block that much of the subway noise. You can hear it if you pay attention to it but overall, it's relatively quiet in the restaurant. The decoration is really cute and I think the theme matches the name of the place. However, the food is just so so.

We ordered the charbroiled octopus, tripe soup, and chicken pasta with white sauce. Only thing I can say is that the portions are huge, especially for the chicken pasta. That order is for 2 people. But food was eh. Chicken was very dry and no amount of pasta sauce could help the dish. The vegetables weren't that fresh. The lobster bisque that came with the dish was on the salty side. Also had a lot of rice in it. I don't like rice in my lobster bisque. You can sort of taste the flavor of lobster and there are very small lobster pieces.

The charbroiled octopus is an appetizer dish. It didn't taste as burnt as I thought it would be. There's lemon and lots of oil in the dish. It's decent, slightly better than the pasta dish.

The tripe soup. It's an acquired taste. They kind of make it Asian style, like the one you have at dim sum but in a soup form. I don't think many people would like it.

Service was good. Water was always full. Waiter came by 2x to ask us how we were doing. Would I recommend this place, no. Would I come back, if I was REALLY lazy and didn't want to go anywhere else. This place is also pricey, but you do get big portions. I originally wanted to give this place 2 stars but I thought I'd be generous since the service was good, food was so so.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“What a fun diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is diner food at its finest! Not the fanciest food out there but what they do serve is great (and I state this as someone that once owned a diner).
Try their avgolemono soup. That stuff is delicious. The "disco fries" are a hit too - that's poutine to all you Canadians reading this. They may not use cheese curds but it is still really good.
In fact, everyone I was with enjoyed their meal and we all ordered different items.
Prices are fair and they are always open. If you are in the area, try it out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“BIG PORTIONS served up in QUEENS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Want real Queens fare and flavor? This is ur place. Super convienant for travelers who come in from LaGuardia, the M60 bus let's u off 1/2 block away & it's directly across the street from the Q train station. We bought our appetites and were not disappointed! The lobster bisque was excellent, the goulash and other dishes were equally delishous. And,what a bargin, they gave enough food to last us 3 days! But for sure the best part was our server Gary...he has been at the diner for 25+ years and lived in Queens almost all his life. He was super nice and helpful! He charged our phone for us while we ate and conversed with us like we were regulars! We spent $51 including the tip and it was money well spent! Highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013