I've stayed here a couple of times when visiting Manhattan. For about $100 less than you'd spend in the city, you get a clean, secure hotel room in a decent part of town and it's only a 20-30 minute subway ride to get into town. In the past they had a 24-hour FREE shuttle from the hotel to the 40th Street subway stop. I discovered on my last stay (10/2010) that while they still offer the shuttle free, it's no longer 24 hours. I can't remember exactly when the cut off is, but we got back from the city around midnight and had to pay $10 for the same exact shuttle from the subway to the hotel. In the past, the shuttle was a hotel-branded minivan that was free all the time. Now they appear to hire out to a livery service and while the cars are very very nice, I don't want to pay $10 every single night when I get back late (which most people do in NYC). I suppose the demand for the shuttle wasn't enough to keep it going 24 hours.
But that being said, if you want a clean, affordable hotel without NYC prices, it's a good bet.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
- Best Western Long Island City
- Long Island City Best Western
- City View Inn Long Island City, New York