“For such proximity to NYC, a real bargain” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City View Inn

You added City View Inn to your Saves list
City View Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-17 Greenpoint Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN City View Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Binghamton, New York
“For such proximity to NYC, a real bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My adult son and I spent one night there and were pleased, overall, with our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. Parking is a bit tight, so I was glad I have a small car. The issue we had was that they were having computer problems; the desk clerks were distracted, thus inattentive and not very friendly (on both check in and check out). On the plus side, we got a great rate, which was even lower than the quoted rate. The neighborhood is industrial and not very attractive though it seemed safe enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I chose this hotel because the price was literally half of other hotels in NYC. the room was large and clean, and we had absolutely no issues. It is a bit far from the subway (the hotel offers shuttle service until 10 pm) so we had to walk back to the hotel at night. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. BUT if you want luxury amenities, this is not the place for you.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is located 10-15 min walking distance to Lowery metro station (20 minutes to Time Square). Surrounding is not very pleasant but becomes nice just two blocks from there. Staff is nice but the hotel is a bit disorganized : e.g., no safe place to leave your luggage if you arrive early and the computers are old and don't work well (not convenient to print your boarding pass). Rooms are clean and wi-fi works fine. Breakfast is Ok according to North-American standard

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were kindly greeted during the check-in. All of our questions were patiently answered. (It was past 10 pm when we arrived there.) The staffs were nice, even the cleaning persons. Breakfast were perfect. Room was clean and big. Although the parking lot is small, but it is free parking and you know this is located in NYC.

I just stayed there for 1 night, but the experience was greatly impressed.

Price is a little bit high, but it is normal in NYC. The location is great, very close to Manhatton area.

Room Tip: There is a cemetery close to this hotel. But you know, most people think it is a place that is close...
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Breakfast was awesome and the attendant was courteous, hotel room was nice enough and clean. The floor was quiet and the bed was comfortable enough. Great proximity to Manhattan and I would definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hi, I was only in town for one night on Feb 7th so I figure I stay here despite all the bad reviews. I got there at 1 and I didn't think I was going to get a room since check in is at 3. BiBi was the front desk person and she got me in a room right away. I went in and it smelled like smoke so I went back down and told her. She did not give me an attitude and was quite nice about it. She upgraded me to the "penthouse" lol (5th floor) with a king bed instead of the double room I had. It is not like the ritz or anything but it was doable. I would def stay there again and BiBi was GREAT!! The only thing I would say sucks is the elevator takes forever and its old so they need to upgrade that STAT. But other than that, not a bad stay and it took me a while to write a review because I totally forgot and I just got a reminder email from TA today. Again, BiBi is your girl if you need anything and location was great.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 5th floor are bigger
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Again I had a wonderful stay. Attendant BIBI wad great as always. Best Western should be happy to have her working for them. 5 Stars to her. Cleaning lady SOFIA was also great. See you guys on Valentine's Day. Make my stay a good one again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to City View Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City View Inn

Address: 33-17 Greenpoint Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN City View Inn)
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Hotel Class:2 star — City View Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
Best Western Long Island City
Long Island City Best Western
City View Inn Long Island City, New York

If you own or manage City View Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.