“Another lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City View Inn

You added City View Inn to your Saves list
City View Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-17 Greenpoint Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN City View Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
New York City, New York
“Another lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Again I had a wonderful stay. Attendant BIBI wad great as always. Best Western should be happy to have her working for them. 5 Stars to her. Cleaning lady SOFIA was also great. See you guys on Valentine's Day. Make my stay a good one again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Being in the hospitality industry (chef & B&B owner) I loath awful reviews. Usually if I don't like a place, I just don't go back. But please, for your own sake - DO NOT STAY HERE. I am writing this on my 2nd night here. Leaving in the morning - thank goodness!! This is our 3rd time staying here. We have stayed because it CHEAP (notice I used the harsh term - not Inexpensive), it is close to friends and close to Manhattan... But I will NEVER stay here again!!! Our current room reeks of smoke and was classified a non-smoking room. There is a giant pizza box on top of the bureau that based on the looks of the leftover contents must be a least a week old. Looking in the corners of the rooms - they don't believe in dusting. The bathroom was covered in long hairs in various places (more that just an aggressive room cleaner losing a strand or two). I won't go into the rudeness of the front desk people - it makes me too angry to articulate their lack of professionalism, etc). The elevator is so slow, it has become a running joke between my husband and I. I won't go on, but do yourself a favor and put your money in a facility that is deserving of remaining in business!!

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

AAAA++++ This is a awesome place to stay. I try and stay here all the time for a nice weekend. Staff was friendly and very professional. Counter attendant "BIBI" was great and very helpful. I will come back again. Best Western see you soon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great staff Good location! I was here on business training. It's in a good location for any visitor to enjoy the Big Apple while here on any kind of trip. Overall the staff ensured that my stay was pleasant ensuring that I knew how to travel out & about. They even provided transportation to the local subway station. I would return anytime while on business of personal vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel is quaint (old) but updated and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and high quality, the linens were fresh and clean. The bathroom was a tad small from toilet to door and the seat was tiny, this may not bother others but we are tall, it was impeccably clean and the water pressure was good. The best part of this hotel was the staff, they were helpful and really wonderful. the breakfast was fine, It was the typical one that most better hotels offer. Certainly was a help so that we didn't have to go out. I would stay here again anytime. The taxi into town was less than 30.00 and they have a driver available so it wasn't a taxi it was an Escalade. The subway is also very close and there is great restaurants nearby. This hotel is closest to La Guardia Airport. The taxi from JFK was 30.00. Yes I know we didn't come in the right airport. This information would have helped.

Room Tip: Ask for city view. ..
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Prior Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Always get a clean room, FABULOUS breakfast, EXCELLENT service, and a GREAT value overall when we stay here. Hotel staff have become like extended family to us, and welcome us with open arms when we arrive. I always feel safe and rest well in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a reasonable hotel located about one mile from the subway station which is a short ride from Times Square. The hotel has a free shuttle to the subway. The Hotel is located across from a cemetery, so it is fairly quiet. I would highly recommend it for price and convenience. Pete's diner nearby is fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to City View Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City View Inn

Address: 33-17 Greenpoint Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN City View Inn)
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Hotel Class:2 star — City View Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
Best Western Long Island City
Long Island City Best Western
City View Inn Long Island City, New York

If you own or manage City View Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.