We were "greeted" with a huge cockroach (almost the size of a ping pong ball) at the hotel lobby the moment we walked in. Totally freaked us out, the desk staff came out, and just killed it.
We booked a room for 4. Arrived very late at night to check-in, to find out that they overbook and there was only 1 double room left, we have no other choice. They brought us 2 folding beds, we tried to fit that into that tiny room. One of us slept in the hallway and one in front of the bathroom, no more room to walk inside our room, we had to walk over the beds to get around! That folding bed was terrible, gives us backache! The room had no window, the window was covered with cardboard. Felt like we were in jail. Claustrophobic! There was AC, but was so noisy. The room smelt like cigarettes.
At least, the next morning our room got change into a bigger one, and it was much better! We had 2 double beds, and plenty of space!
The breakfast was pretty good, with waffles, bread, croissants, donuts, juices.
The morning staff lady was not very friendly. The hotel was suppose to offer free shuttle to the closest subway station. That weekend, that train station happen to be under construction, so the shuttle was not available. The lady just said, "train is down, you have to take 35$ cab if you wanna go to Manhattan" instead of letting us know that other train station are operating.
Decent price for a hotel close to Manhattan. It's about 15min walk to 33 St station.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
- Best Western Long Island City
- Long Island City Best Western
- City View Inn Long Island City, New York