we were astound to find a hotel that not in any way live up to the Best Western brand we know! The hotel is very old, beds terrible, wallpaper was falling off, toilet not working properly, and mold in bathroom. The breakfast was okay if you come at around 7 am, but if you come at 9 am most of the food is gone and they will not put anything new on the buffet unless you ask for it, and they don’t like that.
But what was most frustrating was the customer service from the reception that just could not care less about its guests and was not in any way helpful. When we called for the shuttle bus to go back to the hotel he just yelled “It’s coming, it’s coming!” but after a 30 minute wait we decided to walk home.
Another example is that when we checked out the reception would not even call us a taxi and just said “Go to the streets and look”. ..We had to walk 1 mile to the subway with our luggage as we did not see any free taxi’s. :-(
We do not normally complain, but this is surly the worst hotel we have ever been staying at, and we get angry and sad every time we think back about it, and it was not our idea of a good vacation in New York.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
- Best Western Long Island City
- Long Island City Best Western
- City View Inn Long Island City, New York