We took an overnight trip to NYC and wanted a hotel that was conveniently located to where we were going and had at least basic amenities. I wasn't expecting a five star hotel.
The good: the location, for one. If you need to take the subway, I can see how it'd be a problem but since we drove everywhere, it worked out great. We were in close proximity to all of our destinations. The breakfast was very good--well, the coffee was so-so but everything else was fine. The staff weren't overly friendly but they were professional. The room was adequate in terms of amenities. It's always useful to have a refrigerator and the wireless internet worked perfectly. The bed was reasonably comfortable.
The bad: the parking lot is very difficult to maneuver around in. I'm grateful it's free and space is limited but I was worried I was going to back into the wall. And the other complaint is our "non-smoking" room reeked of stale smoke. Finally, the elevator is RIDICULOUSLY slow. I know it's an older building but it should be updated, if possible.
All in all, it served the purpose and was OK for one night but I wouldn't want to stay any longer than that.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
- Best Western Long Island City
- Long Island City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN City View Inn Long Island City, New York