My friend and me spent a week in thia hotel over New Year's.
Altogether the hotel is adequate.
Arriving at 2am in the morning, we were greeted by the smell of marijuna in the lift and corridors. It was there for another day or two, but the smoking guest seems to have departed fairly soon.
Our room was great, it had a kingsize bed, fridge, large TV, however the furniture was old and outdated. The best, or oddest thing was the large Jacuzzi that was part of the bedroom, not the bathroom. Having seen another bedroom on our departure, I think the hotel has given us an upgrade.
Our room was a smoking room, even though I selected non-smoking when making the booking. As the smell was bearable, we did not complain to reception.
Reception was manned mostly by foreign staff who could not speak very good English.
Breakfast was great, the buffet offers a reasonable selection of fresh fruit and yoghurt, donuts, bagels, cereal, and also has a waffle maker. And, be warned that they only have throwaway styrofoam cups and plates, and plastic cutlery... Hard to comprehend for someone who comes from Europe, and something I have never encountered before!
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the nearest Metro station, which guests are allowed to use once a day. The system works well enough leaving the hotel in the morning, but coming back at night we once had to wait for 30 mins and make 3 phonecalls to the hotel to be picked up, only to be toldon the second call that the driver had already been there and must have picked up someone else, despite me giving the hotel my name and a short description of what I was wearing...
Oh, and you are not allowed to use the shuttle service anymore once you have checked out, so we had to lug our suitcases to the Metro station which took about 20 mins.
The location of the hotel is quite good, even though it is in Queens and not central Manhattan, it is quick to get to get there as the Metro runs frequently.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN City View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City View Hotel Long Island City
- Best Western Long Island City
- Long Island City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN City View Inn Long Island City, New York