We stayed here for a few days in April and May 2014. The hotel is what you can expect for the pretty cheap rates (we paid $84 per night), which isn't to say it was bad.
+ REALLY close to several subway stations (N and Q trains right around the corner, 7, E, M and R trains within 500 meters), so you can used almost any Queens-bound train from and to Manhattan
+ Rooms are clean and spacious enough
+ Staff is very friendly
+ free Wi-Fi (which is generally quite good but has some hiccups when it is really slow)
- REALLY close to the subway, like right outside the window. If you are a light sleeper, this will be a problem for you
- Breakfast is subpar. It's typically American but only few items and no real selection
- staff is a bit clueless. In our room we had a problem with the Sharp Aquos TV which displayed closed captions (subtitles) for every show. We asked the staff how to turn it off but the guy they sent had no idea.I had to find the solution on the web myself (if this happens to you: request the original remote, it has a hidden compartment at the bottom with a CC button to turn them on and off)
The area looks like a rundown neighborhood but it's actually pretty okay, no problem walking the streets at night or anything.
We would probably stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Long Island City New York