“good service and good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

You added Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY to your Saves list
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39-06 30th St, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Pembroke Pines, United States
“good service and good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

the hotel is new, clean and with good costumer service, is had one of the best prices in the area at the moment I made reservation, location is good 1 block from the subway and 10-15 minutes travel to Central Park and Times Square

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel was a great alternative to the +300$ room downtown Manhattan. We were there as a family and it is 1minute walk to the NQR line metro which was very convenient to get around fast. The only problem is that the metro is a big noisy and runs all night but nothing to keep you up. I would come back.

harrisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I travel very frequently and this was a wonderful experience. I am a Hilton Hhonors member and have stayed in most of the brands hotels. This was a premier place to stay and extremely accommodating. I would recommend to anyone interested.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Eryck L:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience about your recent stay at the Home2 Suites. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very happy that you were satisfied with our hospitality. Thank you again for your positive feedback we look forward serving your hospitality needs again in the nearest future.

-NIni
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here with my family of 5 for 4 days late July. Location is pretty good, subway station 2 minute walk, and only a few stops to 5th Av. Friendly staff. Rooms are spacious, goods beds, also the sofa bed. Large storage areas in room. Breakfast set up needs some improvement, all stations (toaster, microwave, waffle maker etc) are really close to each other and waiting lines get mixed up. Towards end of breakfast they ran out of supplies (apparently due to a suplier that did not deliver). I mentioned my breakfast comments at check out and was promised 10k Hhonors points as compensation, however I haven't seen those in my account yet. Parking around the hotel is free, but check signs carefully for hours. Really nice Brazilian restaurant Malagueta at walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Frans L:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and for pointing out the various positive aspects of our hotel. I hope you have received your 10K HHonors points and if not, please feel free to contact me directly at: 718-706-6262.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Home2 Suites and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Frankfort, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Exellent...I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a place in the city. Easy access to city transportation as well. The staff was exellent and more than willing to help any way that they could. Its one of the cleanest Hilton facilities thave I have been to as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Davis S:

Thank you for telling us about your positive stay. We're very happy to hear that you were taken care of and that you had the best time. Thank you for choosing Home2 Suites Long Island City and we can’t wait to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Home2Suites for six nights with our two granddaughters, ages 14 and 17. We chose this hotel because it is brand new, and also because it allowed more privacy than a regular hotel room. We got a good rate by being patient and watching for the rate to drop to what we could afford.

The Good:
- Location!! Just a very short block to the subway, about a 2 minute walk.
- We had an incredible view from our 10th floor room! When checking in, I asked for a room with a view, and the desk clerk said that it is good to ask, as many people just don't ask if they can get a room with a view. Our view was amazing, I never tired of looking out the window.
- The kitchen area is very nice, with a full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, and real plates and utensils. We only used the microwave a few times, but it was nice to have the rerigerator for keeping snacks like cheese, soda, etc.
- Storage - This was the best use of storage space that I have ever seen in a hotel. Even with two teens, we had more than enough cabinet and storage space for everything (we did put the suitcases under the desk area to get them out of the way).
- The bathroom was very nice and modern.
- Every person that we met who worked there was exceptionally nice and helpful.
- Parking. We lucked out and found parking on the street right beside the hotel, for the first five nights of our stay. On the sixth day, we did have to move our truck because of street cleaning, but paying for just one out of six nights isn't bad!
- The lobby was very appealing to look at. Although a few reviewers have referred to 'Ikea" furnishings, I happen to like the look of the furniture, very modern and cheerful.

The Not-So-Good
- The ice machines didn't work. The first night, I went to three different floors in search of ice, and finally just went to the desk to ask. They very kindly took my ice bucket to get it filled elsewhere, and then delivered the bucket to our room. This was very nice, but after trying 3 nights in a row to get ice, and having to go to the lobby every time to have them fill it for me, it became very annoying. We finally just went down the street to the little store and bought our own ice. On the last day of our stay, our granddaughters noticed that the ice machine was (finally!) working.
- As another poster said, quite often the elevators were crowded with housekeeping staff doing their work. It would seem that there should be a service elevator for staff so as to keep the regular elevators open for guests.
- Also as another poster said, the arrangement of the breakfast area is a disaster. It would be so much more efficient to put the serving area in the middle and allow for people to walk on two sides of the serving area, rather than just one. The way it is arranged, you can't even get salt/pepper/utensils without having to break into the line or wait all the way thru it again. The breakfast area is way too small for the number of guests in the hotel. We tried to eat there twice and just couldn't wait in those long lines. We had planned to save $ by eating breakfast there each day, but we gave up and began eating breakfast at a little diner a block away, Zante's. It doesn't look like much, but it is very reasonable and the staff was friendly. Cash only.
- Inconsistent room cleaning schedule. Usually, we left early and didn't return until late at night. However, on two occasions, we came back to the hotel around 5 p.m. to change clothes before going to a Broadway show. On both of those occasions, our room had not yet been cleaned - no clean towels, etc. Both times, we found the housekeeper in the hallway and got clean towels, but had to tell them not to bother with making the bed, etc., because we were in the room changing clothes. It just seems that room cleaning should be done well before 5 p.m. for the convenience of the guest.
- No safe? We hunted all over for a safe, but if there was one in our room, we couldn't find it. My granddaughters were carrying a considerable amount of spending money from relatives, and I would definitely have preferred being able to put it in a safe rather than have them carry it around with them all the time.
- Horrible sleeper sofa. I have never slept on a comfortable sleeper sofa, and this was no different. Granddaughter brought along a fluffy portable mattress-type thing and without this, the sleeper sofa would have been unbearable. You can feel just about every metal piece/bar on it.

In spite of the minor annoyances, we still enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would definitely stay there again. The rate we paid here was less than some of the other hotels in the area that don't seem nearly as nice.

Room Tip: ASK for a room with a view of Manhattan! We were in room 1014 and our view was to-die-for!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good:
-Spacious (We got a 1-BR suite)
-New and clean (though it’s Ikea-ish cheapy style, as another reviewer said)
-They use nondisposable dishes for breakfast and in the room. I hate waste.
-Sheet and pillowcases felt really nice.
-1 block away from the subway station (39th Ave on N/Q)
-You can also walk to Queen Plaza Station for E train to JFK.

Bad:
-The hotel faces the train tracks and trains run all night! Very noisy
-Linear breakfast configuration is a disaster; there’s a big line if you get there after 8:30 (only during summer?)
-I asked the front desk if I could get a room away from the train. As soon as seeing my room key, the guy said “That kind of room is not available on the other side.” Later I realized that 1-BR suites are available only on the train side. I would have been willing to take a smaller room on the quiet side if he had explained the reason!
-One night the ice machine wasn’t working on the 6th floor so I called the front desk only to be told “The machines on the 4th and 2nd are working. I’ll make a note of it.”
-In the morning, 5 housekeepers occupy one of the two elevators, each with a huge black plastic bag, meaning it leaves no room for guests. One gets off at each floor, further slowing the already slow-arriving elevators!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, get a room on the non-train side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GlobalKuidaore:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay at the Home2 Suites. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that your experience is not the quality of service we provide on a daily basis.

Thank you again for your feedback and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that service much improved.

Warm Regards,
-Nini

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

Address: 39-06 30th St, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Home2 Suites By Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

If you own or manage Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.