“Spacious room with minor problems. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

Save Saved
You added Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY to your Saves list
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39-06 30th St, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Fargo, North Dakota
“Spacious room with minor problems. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed here with friends. We had four people total and found the room very spacious. The housekeeping did not take out our garbage for the entire week but were very friendly when we asked for extra towels. Rooms do not get cleaned on the weekend which is odd to me. You can request someone to clean if you desire. The front desk staff was a hit or miss. Luckily the staff was a hit when we had trouble with our flights and had to reschedule our taxis multiple times.
The breakfast in the morning was disappointing. I expected more options. It got very crowded very quickly. There is only one waffle maker which is outrageous for a hotel with 10 floors. It's not very organized and inefficient with one counter of breakfast items. The breakfast staff did an amazing job getting items restocked.
The neighborhood is a bit shady at night especially for four young girls. But the restaurants were nice and it's very close to the subway so seeing sights was very easy.

Stayed July 2014
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Morgan C:

Thank you for taking the time to share experience on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on our service and we will use your comments as we continue moving forward. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future to see the service much improved. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.

-Nini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I wanted to like Home2 Suites. I really did. And, I imagine, there is still much to like even if my experience was not a particularly enjoyable one. The property is new, but done in that bright, vaguely cheap, modular, neon "Ikea-ish" style that I'm not necessarily wild about. Accordingly, much of the furnishings and appointments are already damaged and/or showing signs of premature wear and tear. While the room was indeed still new-ish, housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning the prior guests' crumbs, hairs and plastic [new] clothing tags. The bed was fantastically comfortable, with pristine sheets that were as nice as any in recent memory - unfortunately, an oscillating noise that seemed to come from the roof (I was in rm.1018 on the top floor) that was strong enough to vibrate the interior separating wall to the [small] bathroom, kept me awake. I brought it to the front desk's attention, and was obviously distraught over the problem, but was ultimately met with a "That' s the first we've heard of it." (Which may very well be true, but...) and a "We'll send someone up to check on it." but the issue was never resolved, I was never moved and nobody seemed to share in or empathize with my infinite frustration.

• Stayed July 2014
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Brett m:

Thank you for your review. We're very disappointed to hear about your recent stay at Home2 Suites, and we are passing your experiences along to the relevant departments. Customer service is most important to us, and we are always striving to improve. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again, so that we may show you better hospitality.

Trujillo Alto, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had a blast! This us our 2nd trip to NYC and this hotel was our best choice. Great price, everything new and clean, great location, near subway stop and near good restaurants and bars. Clean and big room with a great view. No need of car in this great location. Definitively I will keep trying new Home2 locations.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Budget_PR_Traveler:

I appreciate the great comments about our hotel! We have unique decor, an original lobby, and among many things an outstanding staff! Thank you for choosing Home2 Suites as your preferred place in New York. We look forward to have another opportunity to serve your lodging needs again soon.

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very clean hotel, excellent front desk staff, and nice size rooms for being so conveniently located to NY City/subway. Stayed here with my wife, 2 children, and mother in law. Nice place for us since we had no car and used the subway the entire time. Free breakfast was a plus but does get very crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Dennis G:

Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our hospitality and staff. The breakfast gets slammed every day around 9. We do our best to prepare for this, but we always tell guests that the best time to stop to eat is 8 am. I hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Thank you.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

4 stars for proximity to subway, room cleanliness, large rooms and friendly hotel staff....3 for not having enough towels left and had to ask twice. Would stay there again. Breakfast is make your own wAffles, oatmeal, nothing spectacular but included in cost. Room had refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, etc

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
NORFOLK, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check in was easy & the staff were always nice & helpful for the seven days we stayed there. We had the Queen Bed Studio and it was great. It was very clean & we had lots of room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Laundry/Fitness room was nice except it closes at midnight. (never got back from Time Square or other parts of New York until almost midnight. Elevators were very very slow and one out of two was out of order a lot. This is a new hotel so they need to work on that. They say they are pet friendly but there is no grass to walk your dogs on except for a couple stands of grass on the side across from their building and that was filled with trash and broken glass & gum and not good for dogs to walk on. If you don't have a pet I would recommend that you stay here. Great location to the subway, very clean & nice hotel inside. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Iowa City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel (home2) where my family stayed mentioned the parking lot is full--later I found they have only 6 parking lots available for whole hotel. Thus, they asked us to do street parking but did not fully inform that the street parking area is extremely high frequency of ticketing and towing. And they did not fully informed the allowable time for parking each available street parking. At the end, my car was towed--that ruined my whole afternoon and evening and I had to spend $180. On the internet (expedia.com), the hotel that I stayed was advertised as 'free parking'. Street parking is not 'free parking'.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Yusung K:

I really appreciate you leaving your feedback with us on Tripadvisor and also for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very sorry to hear that you incurred a few complications with parking during your time with us. You seem quite set on not staying with us. I really hope you reconsider! Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and will make sure you have an entirely different experience with us in the future.

Thank you.

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

Address: 39-06 30th St, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Home2 Suites By Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY

If you own or manage Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, NY, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.