“Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37-18 Queens Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Mold in the shower, the shower head is broken, the bathroom vent is broken, 15 garbage channels on the nice TV, limited parking, broken fridge, no elevator access from the lobby you have to walk up or down one flight to get to the elevator, never toilet paper in the bathroom outside of the breakfast area for 3 days now. the list goes on.
Breakfast was great.
The area was good, a couple blocks walk from the 7 train and bus access outside and across the street.
The people at the desk are rude.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My family and I attempted to have a nice overnight stay at this hotel and see some sights for the Christmas season. The price was reasonable for an over-night stay in NY, $198.58. The problem is that when I checked my bank account after check-in I found that my card had been charged 3 times, 1 charge of $992.90 and 2 charges $198.58. The problem then became amplified as I tried to get the staff to reverse or stop these charges. I spent a few hours dealing with the staff, on Saturday and Sunday, attempting to figure out what happened and was told "this never happened before". I was unable to get this issue undone via the hotel staff. Since this happened on a saturday, I had to wait until monday morning to get this issue resolved. Also the beds in the rooms were pretty worn out. Oh, and our toilet had issues flushing as well. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Clayton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

This hotel is awful. No luggage racks. No coffee. No lotion even at the front desk. The staff is surly and are more interested in their cell phones than the guests. The only thing good about the breakfast is the (brought in) doughnuts. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been here before and this place still has problems. My room door key card had to be re-computed each night. A real pain to have to go back down to the front desk after coming back to the room and not being able to open the door; especially late at night. And there was a problem with the guests in the room next to mine, so the manager brought the police. And the handicap lift broke and this guest with a wheel chair was stuck in it for more than an hour. On the busy days housekeeping didn't get to freshen up my room until almost 5PM. And I also didn't care for the breakfast. Not a big enough variety of items for me to choose from. But on the plus side this is one of the few hotels in the area that has ample free parking. And there's a really good grocery store about 8 blocks away along Queens Boulevard, just across from the 46th Street station entry.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Because of weather, my flight was delayed and I was stuck overnight in Chicago. I called immediately when I found out to cancel the first night only. (I had booked 7 nights.) I was told because it was less than 24 hours, there would be no refund. I said, fine, I would be there to check in in the early morning when my flight got in.

When I got there in the morning, they said I was a no-show and I couldn't check in until 3pm for the following night. I told them I had called, I had 2 hrs of sleep from being stuck overnight and why couldn't they let me have the room I paid for. I was told it wasn't available because someone else came in and booked the room. So now they double-dipped, wouldn't give me back a dime of my money for that night, and wouldn't let me check in early for the next night. The woman at the counter said it was the manager's day off and she didn't have permission to call him on his day off, but she sent him an email to see if I could check in before 3pm. Who knew when he'd read the email or if he'd respond? I finally walked 10 blocks to my daughter's apartment and crashed in her bed. If I'd known, I would have had the cab drop me off at her place.

The staff is rude. They don't even pretend to give a s**t.

They gauged me for a night they didn't deliver on, but I canceled the last 2 days and stayed at the Red Roof Inn. So much better! I will never stay at a La Quinta again.

Also, you cannot sleep in this La Quinta unless you're a heavy sleeper. It's across the street from a McDonald's that has deliveries while still dark, people talk loudly on the street on Queens Blvd. and the maids are incredible loud very early. Sleeping was a disaster there. I was so glad to finally go to the Red Roof Inn where it was so quiet for sleeping and the staff treated the customers liked they actually cared about our comfort.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say, the location is PERFECT! Right across the street from subway that takes you right into Manhattan. Rooms were clean. No frills. But you're in NY, u need to be out exploring, not in your room!!!! Front desk staff is nothing but matter of fact. Not nice not rude, just there. Oh well. All you need them for is a key. The "free" breakfast is typical. In my three stays, I have noticed it's a little nice/cleaner/more choices when there are not big tour groups there..... But you can't control that. There is a Mc Donalds across the street. So to sum it up, it's a clean place to lay your head down at night with a great location at a good price. No frills,nothing "above and beyond"

• Stayed August 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had some issues with the hotel it wasnt what i expected. For the money i paid i did not feel i got my value. I had to ask for towels and they always shorted me the amount of ppl that were in the room also had maintenance issues. Bathroom cieling had mold on it

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Queens New York City? Share your experiences!