I have stayed at the La Quinta Inn Queens on a few occasions and each time it's gotten progressively worse. I'm not saying it's awful, because it's not, but it's not great either.
-Location is great. I love Sunnyside and all of the shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc. It's a great place to use as a base for NYC. The 7 train is a couple blocks walk in either direction and only a 15 minute trip into Manhattan.
-Free breakfast. It's not great but it is included. If you don't like it their is a McDonald's right beside the hotel and even better, Pete's Diner and Grill is just a couple blocks away.
-Free Parking. If you drive in NYC, you know what a plus free parking is. Not a large lot, but you'll get in somehow.
-The cleaning staff did a great job during my stay. I always received clean towels and they always made the beds, cleaned, etc.
-Beds are comfortable
-The receptionist, managers, staff (not including the cleaning staff) are just not friendly. I'm not saying they're rude, they just don't do the things that most recommend in the hospitality industry, things like smiling, greeting guest, just a simple glance and a hello might be nice from time to time, but you won't get much of that here. I wouldn't let that stop me from staying here of course because I'm not in NYC to make friends with the hotel staff, but it would be nice if they were a little more welcoming I guess.
-The bath tube never drained properly in our room during our stay and our shower knob was broken and never fixed.
-The rooms on the Queens Blvd and the 7 train side of the hotel might be a problem for light sleepers, but I've never noticed it.
All in all, this is a decent choice to use as a base for NYC. It's close to all the main attractions with use of the subway and the Sunnyside area is a nice, safe area to explore as well. If you can get the hotel for a good price then don't hesitate to book it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn Queens New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel Long Island City
- La Quinta Queens
- La Quinta Long Island City
- Long Island City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Queens New York City Long Island City