“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
New York
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a good value for spring break with my nephew. I usually stay in Manhattan which I prefer.

The room was very nice, large, refrigerator, clean and good service. There is an issue with towels and we always got only one washcloth all week. :)

The breakfast is another story. I refused to eat it. There were very hard working men who were constantly on the move. Problem was- cross contamination. They had a glove/s on, I saw them emptying the trash, picking up left garbage from tables, then restocking bread/rolls/bagels with their hands. Never changing the gloves. Quickly lost my appetite. The "orange" drink is watered down Sunny D. Donuts were available early in the morning, but not usually the last hour. Again, these were placed on reused trays with the same dirty hands. Yes, I know this is my issue, most people don't care, as seen by hand grabbing of the foods, and licking fingers. So this may not concern a lot of people. :)

Frankly, if they charged an extra $10/day they could probably upgrade the serving options.

The location had excellent access to the 7 subway train, 2 long blocks away and Q32/60 buses, very close. but it did take considerably more time to get to some places compared to staying in Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

God forbid you lose your keys, but when you do, make sure you are somewhere near this hotel! The front desk was extremely helpful and prompt. And then - the room and the bathroom! So clean, so tidy, the beds - so comfortable! Such a nice surprise in the neighborhood!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at this location from a Wednesday and checked out on Sunday. Our experience at this particular La Quinta was the worst. At first, check in was a nightmare because the front desk couldn't speak English that was understandable. The keys were given to us,and when we tried to open the door there were no access. We had to wait for one of the employees to assist us with the door. The room was rented with a microwave and refrigerator, and guess what? No microwave. When I went to use the bathroom to wash my hands, there were no towels. At this La Quinta location you literally have to beg for towels. They gave us towels for one persons use and their excuse was they ship their towels to be washed. The shower had no plastic liner so therefore, there was water all over the floor everytime we showered. The complimentary items such as shampoo, lotion and soap there were none. When I asked the front desk for lotion, their response was that they don't have any because the company they deal with does not provide lotions anymore. The bed only had flat sheets no fitted sheets. During their complimentary continental style breakfast there were no waffle machine to make waffles. I poured myself a glass of what was supposed to be orange juice and it turned out to be Tang. (Who remembers Tang the powered drink??? I thought Tang did not exist anymore!!!!). Every morning I was awaken by loud talking house keepers yelling from one end of the hall to the other. We left the room for a whole day came back late afternoon and the room was still not cleaned. We have stayed at different La Quinta hotels at different locations and we loved staying at them. Because this is a franchise I am supposing, my husband and I decided to try at the one at LIC it was the worst experience ever. I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

First time we stayed here in 2012, I really felt the hotel was cleaner. This time, I thought it was a little dingier---- nothing specific, I just feel it has not been well maintained over the last 1.5 years. front desk staff were more friendlier though this time around. the location CAN NOT BE BEAT!!!! basically across the street from the #7 train. oh, they also used to have a printer in the "business" center so you could print tickets and boarding passes- not anymore, you have to go down the street to an internet café------ it was pretty cheap, but in crappy weather, not an additional step you want to make.... I think that is a low blow to guests staying here. poor decision making La Quinta management. the continental breakfast in the morning was poorer than last time I feel. again, most "free breakfast" in hotels are pretty lackluster, but I felt there was really no effort this time. nothing was really horrible, but boy, nothing was "great". It is a place to lay your head at the end of the night and take a shower and get into the city at a great price. My honest opinion, management knows they are sitting on a gold-mind because of the great location of this hotel, so they really don't care about the details. people will still come- including me (I have family in the area, I have to!) parking spaces are limited. did not have a car this time, but just an FYI.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Room was nice, no smoke smell, amenities good, all in all a good place to stay. The front desk was helpful and the hotel is located only 4 blocks from the subway (7 Line), on Queens Boulevard. I will stay there again the next time I go to NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

the price we got at the hotel was 60 $ less than web sites. good location if you want to stay outside manhattan. not a nice neighborhood but very close to subway. 25 minutes to time square. you can park your car for free at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed in a "basement" room, and it was clean, spacious and served it's purpose. Only two blocks from the train station, and right next to a clean, new McDonald's. Only negative was the parking was awful. Only 8-10 spaces for the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Queens New York City? Share your experiences!