“Good price for what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37-18 Queens Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Buffalo, New York
“Good price for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this site twice and I do have to say that I was satisfied with the experience. Granted it is not a five star hotel, but it offers what a person needs. Close to train station, in a cool neighborhood with a wide range of restaurants, good service. The breakfast could be better and the rooms need some updating, but the price is right. HOWEVER, do not let them put you in a basement room or on a floor without an ice machine. With all things said, I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was a bit leery to stay here based on some of the prior reviews but I had an awesome experience here. Hotel was clean and the room was very spacious... The breakfast was perfect, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, Danish/donuts and eggs/sausage. The front desk held our luggage two times, when we first got there (early) and when we left (late). The walk to the train station was great, its only a couple blocks away and you can catch the Q32 right in front of the hotel into Manhattan. I will DEF stay here again!!! No complaints at all....... And.... I've stayed at many hotels in NYC...............

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Clayton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is ideally located close to the subway but the rooms are outdated. We had a jacuzzi that was INSIDE the room not the bathroom so all of the other room furniture besides the bed was pushed up against the wall. There were no luggage racks at all (we asked) and we could not open the dresser drawers because the chair was pushed up next to the dresser. The water in our bathroom bathtub ran all the time and the refrigerator froze everything. One night, they didn't leave us any towels and we almost had to fight to get them. The Manager? didn't believe us and insisted on "checking" our room for them! The breakfast is poor. We were in the basement and had to climb up on a chair to adjust the heater. The room was quieter than our friends, whose room was on the noisy street. The coffee, both in the room and in the dining room, was the worst I have ever drank.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The stole almost $200 from my credit card stating that I have booked a room and did not make check in! There is no register of this reservation anywhere, even in Expedia where the manager told me the booking came from. PROTECT YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had a positive experience. Room was nice and big. Bathroom was good. Breakfast was okayish. It is couple of blocks away from subway station and hence just 15-20 minutes from Times Square, which is great. Since most other hotels are expensive, this is a good budget option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Novi Ligure, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked this Hotel for three night but cancelled two nights the day I checked in... Front staff was way too unprofessional and the room was terrible. Bed shirt was dirty and when we requested to change it, the staff said, it should be clean enough and he has not come to the room.!
I would never stay in any hotel with named La Quinta in my life.
I strongly not recommend any family to stay here if you would like to enjoy NY.

Room Tip: Better not staying here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lombardia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We spent n. 3 nights at the hotel during October 2013. The position is quite good, very closed to the subway n. 7 (15 minutes to Times Square) and the room was big enough, quite clean, and also the bathroom was OK.
Breakfast was minimal but OK.
I would like to point out the total lack of professionality and the unfairness of the staff at the reception and the misleading information they gave us.
As we booked through Agoda and we were missing the first night, we asked Agowa about the possibility to shift the reservation made for the first night to a following one.
Agoda sent immediately an E-Mail to the hotel with our request (now I have a copy of the mail !!!!) and when we arrived at the hotel the man at the reception told us that they didn't receive any E-Mail from Agoda with our request.
As a consequence we were obliged to book another night spending other 140 dollars.
Now that we are back from our trip I know that, not only did they receive the mail sent by Agoda, but they also replied them via E-mail giving a negative answer.
I tried several times to ask for clarifications sending E-Mails to the hotel address but up to now we didn't receive any answer from them !!
They behaviour has been completely unfair and faithless and I know that probably I will never receive an answer from them.
In conclusion, good position, quite good room, but a very bad opinion of the staff at the reception.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Queens New York City? Share your experiences!