Okay... where to start? I guess I'll start by the good things, since there are fewer of those.
- The beds were comfortable and the sheets had no stains.
- Room and bathroom were a decent size.
- The room we were in was reasonably silent (not facing the street).
- Wi-fi worked reasonably well (a bit slow at times, but never went down).
- The price was okay and the hotel is located near two metro stations.
Now for the not so good part:
- when we arrived (I was travelling with family members), my mother's credit card had been charged for two days already even though we hadn't even checked in.
- They didn't accept global travelling cards because "we simply cannot accept cards with no name on them" which means we had to pay in cash and cash is non-refundable. We had TEN minutes to check the room to see if we wanted it. After that, no money back was possible. Considering that it was raining, we didn't have that much of a choice.
- At least one of the people at the front desk was extremely unhelpful and rather rude.
- The have very few hangers in the closets so if you have need of more than 4 or 5, take your own! The drawers in the dresser might stick a bit. There is no safe in the room.
- The door key went bad and we had to get replacements. Apparently that is not a rare occurrence.
- The carpet in the hallway and in the room was rather dirty. Seems as though the vacuum cleaner doesn't do much for it. Air conditioner filter was filthy.
- Your room might be cleaned any time between 10 am and 5 pm but at least it is cleaned daily.
- They do not provide shower caps or other toiletries that are normally given at hotels or at least available upon request. The only toiletries that you get in the room are soap (okay), shampoo/conditioner (not that good quality) and a small moisturizer (reasonable). The bathtub drains are bad so water accumulates around your feet when taking a shower. To get the showerhead to work, I had to ask for a demonstration at the front desk (they actually have a faucet model down there to show you how it works...).
- The hairdryer provided was bad so we had to get one at the front desk.
- Breakfast is mostly carbohydrate-based with bagels, donuts, three varieties of breakfast cereal and a few kinds of bread. The eggs are powdered and the sausage didn't look that good. The only fruit available is bananas and those are more green than ripe. Orange juice tastes like cheap Sunny Delight. Coffee machine is okay. There is absolutely no variety in breakfast with the same things being served every day. Breakfast room is TINY and you have to wait to sit if you don't get there early enough. Good thing there's a McDonalds nearby...
- There is no elevator in the Lobby. The entrance is a half-floor between floors one and two so you either go up or down a short flight of stairs to get to the elevator (there's only one, by the way so sometimes it might take a while). There is an awkward lift for luggage that goes between the lobby and the 2nd floor.
In all, the hotel fell way short of the advertising and I would only stay there again if there were no better choices nearby.
The higher floors that do not face the street don't have much noise. If you don't like to sl...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.