Easy walk a couple of blocks from the 40th Street / Lowery Station on the number 7 line of the subway (this line also goes to Grand Central Station and Times Square). If you are travelling from Manhattan, you can see the hotel (and the MacDonalds next door) on the right hand side just before the station.
Chose to stay here as when I stayed in Manhattan I had a tiny room, no window, and a shared bathroom down the Hallway. Here, the bed was enormous and the room perfectly comfortable. Had own bathroom and window! Free wi-fi in the room and free continental breakfast (cereal, toast, hot and cold drinks, colourful doughnuts), self service in a room adjacent to reception. Receptionists friendly. When I asked how to get the water to come out of the shower instead of the bath tap (not as obvious as usual) the receptionist took a bath tap out of a drawer to demonstrate so was glad to know I was not the first one!
If you stay here and are using the subway, note that there will either be a circle or a diamond in lights on the outside of each car of the train. If there is a circle, this is a local stopping service. If there is a diamond (happens when travelling during peak-time), this is an express service and the train will not stop at 40th Street / Lowery Station (although you just need to get off at the next station stopped at and cross over to the opposite platform to get where you want to go).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Queens New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel Long Island City
- La Quinta Queens
- La Quinta Long Island City
- Long Island City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Queens New York City Long Island City