“The best place for young travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Juiz de Fora, MG
“The best place for young travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Yes, I'm young and I have no money. The fact is this hotel is just 15 minutes away from Manhattan by train, at half of the price of a Manhattan one. As a young traveller, I like to explore too. Just loved the freedom to explore Queens also.

The only 2 cons of this hotel are the worst wi-fi connection i've ever got in a hotel and the very very poor breakfast.

But I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This "hotel" was saved a one star review because as far as I can see, there were no hookers, no drug dealers, and it wasn't overwhelmingly dirty. However, the place did feature very uncomfortable beds, substandard TV offerings, a shower that not only seemed next to impossible to use, but also leaked from the ceiling. I know its NYC, but this is Queens, and the place is $190 a night. The breakfast the next day was putrid and made me feel sick to my stomach. It is conveniently located on the MTA though.

Room Tip: check to see if your shower's ceiling leaks, not pleasant to wake up to!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan P

Travelers are raving about these Long Island City hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I came on a trip to New York for two days, i checked in came in my room and everything seemed pretty nice.
Not what i expected but it was okay. I came to the bathroom and noticed there was hair all around the sink!! Arent they
Soppoused to clean right after another guest leaves? That overall left me wondering about how clean my room was. In the morning i tried to shower but realised my shower didnt really work. I then came down to have breakfast and expected to see a variety of foods,
Souch as yogurt, fruit, waffle
Makers, etc. but I was wrong, I
Only found cereal, a coffe maker, bread, eggs and hashbrowns. I did find milk, apple juice, and what seemed to
be orange juice was actually some sort of artificial kool-aid. Overall the staff seems like they care about their guests. The location is alright with the subway right across the street. Ive stayed in many La Quinta Inns (las vegas, grandjunction) and those were exedingly outstanding, but this is one where I will not be coming back. Needless to say, I do not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. We chose it for the location as it is 5 minutes away from 2 subway stations on the 7 local line and 15-20 minutes ride to Times Square. The local area is safe to walk around at night and has grocery stores, restaurants, banks and pharmacies within walking distance to the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful. We were able to store our luggage after checking out and the towncar service to JFK airport cost $45. The breakfast that the hotel offers has always been the low point. It was much better going to Petes diner 2 blocks away for breakfast or buying tea/coffee from the Mcdonalds bext door.
Would possibly stay here again but only for the location.

1 Thank dasenp
Santee, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A block from 2 different subway stops (7 train), this hotel is the best value in NYC. Free parking (get their early), free breakfast (good coffee, donuts and bananas, skip the rest). Polite front desk staff, seems to be family owned (Indian), clean rooms, clean lobby, very nice. Get familiar with the stairs as the 5 floors share one slow elevator. There is a gym (small) and a business office/closet. Try to find a hotel with these amenities minutes away (via subway) to Times square for under $150 a night, you won't.
*Also, it's close to a few good restaurants (Chinese, Italian, Japanese) as well as McD's and a block from a CVS and Dunkin Donuts.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street/raised subway. Also, make sure you ask for a parking pass.
Murrieta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Oh boy, not up to the typical LQ standard. We have this room that is best described as lower level. Our window is about 6 feet up and we see the ankles of people walking on the street. Tub with shower but shower doesn't work, bath only. This lower level room gets lot's of street noise so don't expect a quiet nights sleep. I woke up to f-bombs coming from the street. We didn't know what we didn't know, with that said, we now do know what we didn't know and we know we won't visit this place again. I rated as 2 star, it could be worse. Staff is nice, room is clean and smells very nice.
I do realize that it is a price budget property, I'd have preferred to pay a little more for an upgraded property.
Not all is bad, the location is great. 2 blocks from subway station and a very well lit and safe street. Adjacent to McDonalds which is nice for a quick bite and popular with my child. % minutes via subway to Manhattan and just a 20 cab fare to LaGardia (less than 10 minutes).

Room Tip: ask for a room on floors 2 through 5
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank AnthonyVA
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed for four nights on a friends recommendation. The location is great, and the price is ok. Breakfast is not as good as we expected. The fridge was so noisy we had to unplug it. The bath exhaust fan didn't work. We asked for more towels and the man was rude. The paint in bath was peeling and moldy. My daughter was grossed out by hair in the bath. The sheets were actually a foot too short. The wifi connection was entirely inadequate. We would not stay there again

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Quality Inn Woodside
#1 of 3 in Woodside
3.5 of 5 stars 338 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#19 of 26 in Long Island City
3.5 of 5 stars 1,339 reviews
Quality Inn Long Island City
Quality Inn Long Island City
#17 of 26 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 338 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Queens New York City? Share your experiences!