My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a week while relocating her to live in Queens, NY.
I wanted to stay in the city since we would also be tourists, but finding an affordable room with two beds was impossible. Since she was going to live in an apartment in Queens, we chose this La Quinta Inn.
Of course, with our luck, we arrived just before hurricane Irene. The hotel was clean, the breakfast two doors down at the diner was better than anything the Inn offered and they delivered, so you know we ate from the diner. Although the service was pretty non-existent at the Inn (hopefully you have some strong folks with you if your luggage is heavy, the lobby is set up very strangely with some stairs before you get to the real elevator. They have a supposed handicap "lift" to substitute for these stairs but it barely holds one person plus one suitcase.).
My issue was with the maid service. The Inn did not supply a "do not disturb" sign for the door. The maids would loudly knock very early in the morning and when you would ask them to come back later, first they would pretend to not understand you. Then they would complain that their work time was almost over. I ended up sending them away several times and just asking for fresh towels and toilet paper. Especially since we were stuck in the room while the trains and buses were shut down for the hurricane, the maids still knocked several times very early in the morning both days. Certainly they must have known about the hurricane!? When they did service the room during our stay, different numbers and types of towels were left each time and written requests left by us for coffee or other items were ignored.
The Inn was a few blocks from the 7 train, but not that close. There was an amazing Italian restaurant up the street called Daizies, definately would recommend that! I would not stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel Long Island City
- La Quinta Queens
- La Quinta Long Island City
- Long Island City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Queens
- La Quinta Inn Queens New York City Long Island City
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn Queens New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.