“Steakhouse of LIC” 4 of 5 stars

718-707-0660
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
S Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Steakhouse of LIC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for a private function on a weeknight and had a private room on the second floor. The restaurant is beautiful and spacious and feels like a special place. We had an attentive waiter assigned to our room who always made sure we had what we needed. The food was good and plentiful and left us all feeling satisfied. The chef came in to check on us to make sure all was good and that always goes a long way in my book. It goes without saying but order the steak, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Long Island City, New York
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was great and the service was excellent. The scottish salmon was delicious. We ordered the 48OZ steak enough to definetly share. the sauteed mushrooms was delicious. The chef was kind enough to take a photo of my son and I, even though he said his expertise was actually in the kitchen. From the time we stepped out of the car and handed the keys to valet attendant we were treated so very well. Great, great place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Happening waterfront restaurant on Long Island Sound. Our group of 11 enjoyed excellent appetizers and salads followed by steaks and seafood that were absolutely delicious. We ordered a variety of deserts that were also amazingly good. In addition, the service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend Prime!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, New Jersey
“Private room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great service with great food. You don't have to go all the way to Manhattan to enjoy a great steak!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“I think not...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just could not believe the prices at this place. Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than going out and splurging on a nice dinner with some quality wine, but Jesus, this was ridiculous.

Its not even like they have organic or locally sourced products and its not like their dishes are made with the highest quality ingredients. Absurd prices for sub par food.

Our bill was $200 w tip and we left hungry and confused.

We had the oysters Rockefeller as per the recommendation of our waitress (who by the way was a GREAT waitress) and they were utterly disgusting and inedible (of course my bf ate them bc he's a garbage disposal). I would expect a 30 dollar appetizer to be delicious, but no luck. A person nearby ordered an $18 soup and said it was awful. I got the pan seared tuna as my entree ($40) and the tuna was pretty good, but I've definitely had better. The potatoes and veggies were WAY too salty.
My man opted for the dry aged steak (a 50 dollar steak that came with NO SIDES?!?) and it was fine, but nothing crazy. He also ordered a $10 side of mashed potatoes and said they were pretty tasty.
Save yourself the misery and go to 5 Napkin, which is 10 feet away. I'm sure their steak is better. I'd rather even go to Applebees down the block...

Overall a pretty bad experience and no, I will not be back...

Visited June 2013