“Phenomenal cuisine & service in Long Island City!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Phenomenal cuisine & service in Long Island City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've eaten at Mia Famiglia countless times, and this restaurant is always a highlight of my business trips to Long Island City. Larry, Laura and the whole group take great care of me and my associates each and every time we dine.The food is phenomenal. I have a hard time passing up the Cold Antipasto appetizer when I'm dining alone - it's incredible and the size could easily serve three people. For dinner, my favorites are the Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage, the Chicken Scarpriello and the Chicken Saltimbocca. And for dessert, you'll absolutely love Mama's Cheesecake.

If you're around Long Island City, I strongly recommend you have dinner at Mia Famiglia...it's exceptional cuisine and service!

• Visited November 2013

85% Recommend
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Italian in LIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor of Mia Famiglia for several months if not over a year. I come to LIC for business and rarely do I not eat here. In fact, when I do not eat here, I always regret it because no other restaurant in the area compares. The food is awesome. The staff is friendly. And the owners are very accommodating. And if the dinner plates were not great enough, the home made cheesecake is put perfection. Try it once, you will not be disappointed.

Bronxville, New York
“Um...Yes, please!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Here's the deal. If you want to be a trend setter, come here. This gem is tucked away in New York's up and coming neighborhood, Long Island City. Anyone who has followed Laura from her Arthur Avenue days, knows well enough that this lady knows her food. Fresh and made to order, Laura experiments with ingredients without straying away from her authentic Italian roots. She, Mama & Larry have created a warm and inviting atmosphere which makes you feel you are at a dinner party you do not want to leave.
This place is generating buzz. It's well deserved. Do yourselves a favor and get there. Your tastebuds will thank you.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

recently on the food network, but they don't let it get to their heads. Great food at reasonable prices.

Visited November 2013
Syracuse, New York
“A great family restaurant run by a wonderful family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a strange visit to this restaurant. My wife and sister-in-law and I went to Mia Famiglia only to discover it was closed for the evening. A waiter outside the restaurant said they were closed due to a private party. He said we could come back at 8 PM when other guests would arrive. We returned about 9 PM only to be turned away because it was a "family & friends" party to preview the premier of Rocco DeSpirito's 'Restaurant Divided' on the Food Network in which Mia Famiglia was being featured. Well to make a long story short, they invited us in and we were made to feel like family. Larry, Laura and Momma Vecchio were gracious hosts. We sampled food that was featured in the show and it was delicious. We also got to meet Rocco. A gentleman indeed. We never got a chance to have dinner there due to other commitments but our trips to the bar for drinks with our families were unforgettable thanks to Robert the bartender. Three cheers to the Vecchios and their wonderful restaurant.

• Visited October 2013