“Visiting NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Athens, Greece
“Visiting NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Just outside of the NYC center in Queens this hotel is situated between 2 trains stations to get into the city. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A negative might be that there are no shops near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thanks for your review of our hotel! Your review is very much appreciated and we are happy you've taken the time to contribute your thoughts on our amenities and services. Please come visit us again when you have the chance.

Dennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a great small hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful; the accommodations are clean and comfortable. It's a short walk to either 39th St Station or Queensboro Plaza for a quick subway ride into Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for choosing Nesva Hotel! Your review is much appreciated and we are very happy you took time personal time to let others know how your stay was with us. Every review we get is always helpful to us for improve on things we are unaware of or to let others know if we are providing a service worthy of our standards. We hope that you will continue returning for another stay with us next time you visit our city!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had to plan an EXTREMELY last-minute business trip to NYC and looked up reviews on TripAdvisor, where I saw (and fell in love with) the Nesva Hotel, rated Number 3 in LIC. A small boutique hotel with only 32 rooms, it is only minutes from the subway and a few short stops away from Manhattan. Many of the rooms feature private balconies that give you an amazing view of the Manhattan skyline and Queensboro Bridge. Because I was booking at the very last minute, I had to stay in two different rooms for two nights; the first night I stayed in a king premium balcony room (902), the second night in a twin premium balcony room (503).

Before I even arrived at the hotel, I had the pleasure of speaking to Emily and Paul over the phone; both were extremely helpful in assisting me to secure my last-minute reservation. The hotel also has a generous cancellation policy; I did not have to prepay my room and you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. The taxi from LaGuardia (LGA) was only $17.50. Upon check-in, Dennis was more than helpful with recommendations and directions (I was looking to purchase items for the fridge in the room, which although described as a "minibar," does not come stocked), and there are several delis/corner stores a quick walk away from the Nesva). I loved the vibe starting with the lobby; colorful murals and modern fixtures abound. The lobby is very small, but does feature some tables and chairs, vending machines, and takeout menus / brochures for New York attractions. The staff went out of their way to help, from getting me change to scheduling taxis (I used the hotel’s taxi service twice, once in LIC and to LaGuardia, and while it did cost a bit more, it was worth it for the convenience).

The room descriptions on the website are a little confusing; they’re described as “Vista Grand,” “Euro Balkon,” “Academy Balcon,” and “Dutch Kills” rooms, but when you go to book you’re given rather standard choices like “twin standard” and “king premium balcony” instead. The rooms were spotless; kudos to Angelica on a wonderful job cleaning! It seems that the layout differs from room to room; in 902, I had a difficult time finding outlets for my laptop (there is a box with several outlets on the nightstand, but none on the floorboards / by the TV, which made it impossible to work from the desk/dresser, however, in 503 I had no problem finding outlets in the wall by the nightstands). Also, in both rooms, the light switch for the lamps above the bed was all the way over by the door, so there was no way to easily turn out the lights without getting up and walking over to the door. The linens and beds were super-comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. The air conditioners are fairly quiet and cool quite efficiently. I left my sliding balcony door open the second morning for some fresh air and the chance to hear the city waking up. Other reviewers had mentioned that the staff brought chairs up to the balcony, but I was told that wasn't allowed; the private balcony still made for several great photo ops and offered an amazing view of the skyline. As room 902 faced the train tracks, there was definitely a lot more noise than from room 503, which is something to consider if you're a light sleeper. There is also a nearby church bell that tolls the hour, which I loved. I had to check out of my first room and check back in later that afternoon, but the staff will happily store your luggage in a locked room if you want to go out sightseeing before leaving.

The hotel is very centrally located only a short walk from the subway, and there are many great local coffee shops (I visited Coffeed on Northern Boulevard and Sweetleaf on Jackson Ave.) and restaurants within walking distance. I particularly loved the Dutch Kills Centraal gastropub right across the street; they have a fabulous beet and goat cheese salad and wine specials during happy hour where my dinner totaled less than $12, and the waitresses were super-helpful and nice. Get there early to avoid the crowds (dinner starts at 5).

I also enjoyed just walking around the neighborhood, which is home to several churches, schools, and light industrial shops and is currently in the process of being revitalized (you'll see / hear several new hotels going up in the neighborhood, and many of the construction workers frequent the restaurants and delis in the neighborhood). It's not too far from many Greek bakeries and restaurants and any type of ethnic restaurant you might be looking for, including Venezuelan and Colombian (something we don’t have in San Antonio, it was nice to see something other than Tex-Mex / barbacoa / taquerias for a change!).

I LOVED my too-brief stay at the Nesva and have already made reservations to come back later this summer; be sure to book ahead, as it fills up super-fast. Also make sure to check their website for specials, where you can save 10-15% off a multi-night stay.

Thank you to the staff at the Nesva Hotel for making my stay in LIC such a great one and I hope to see y’all again soon :-)

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony; the rooms ending and 3 and 4 are farthest from the train tracks across th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello Sarah and thank you for staying with Nesva Hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with and really appreciate your stellar review of our services and amenities. It's a shame you were unable to make it back sooner hopefully all is well with you. We would be glad to have you back next time you make it out to New York City, it was more than a pleasure to have had a chance to accommodate you during your trip!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

we stayed the hotel last month for 4 nights. the satff in front desk was very nice and friendly, the hotel is beautiful, clean, and in a great location.
we were 4 people so the room was a little bit small for us, but exept that everything was perfect.
very close to subway.
berekfast is very nice as well.

defentlly will consider visit again and take rooms for 2 this time :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Emma, and thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that our staff was courteous and that you didn't have any troubles during your stay with us. We are happy that you took the time to give others your recommendation of our hotel and definitely look forward to you staying with us again!

Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is amazing. The staff members are very polite and always ready for helping you. I arrived before the check-in and I could do it without problems. The breakfast is simple, but it's good. It's located very close to a metro station. I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Mr. West and thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are pleased that we were able to be a positive addition to your experience here in New York City. Your time and consideration is much appreciated, we would love to have you back next time you are in the city.

Altaussee, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

All staff members were very polite and helpful, the choice of the small breakfast was really perfect for us, the view to Queensboro Bridge and the NYC skyline from our room's balcony was amazing especially in the evening, connection to N & Q subway is great, value for money in Nesva Hotel is unbeattable!!

We had no housekeeping service once during our stay, used towels were taken away but not changed to a new set - but we immediately got fresh one after our complain.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Wolfgang and thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that we able to offer you an experience that was a compliment to your vacation here in New York City. We are also happy that you took the time to review us and let us know how we are doing. Please come back and visit with us again next time you are in the city!

Dennis

Been to Nesva Hotel? Share your experiences!