“Great Hotel, extremely nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Great Hotel, extremely nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out if this hotel this morning. The Nesvas greatest asset are its staff - all of them were friendly, cheerful and helpful beyond the call of duty. In response to other reviews, we were in room 503 the room was spotless, we had a shower curtain! toiletries etc. The Internet connection was excellent. We missed a connecting flight in Amsterdam and were very late getting in (1.30 am) and there was no problem with that. The only negative thing I would say was that there wasn't a nice neighbourhood near the hotel but there was a convenience store across the road, the metro was 1 block away and great bars and restaurants 2 metro stops away. All in all a great location for a N Y visit

• Stayed June 2013
Nesva H, General Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay at Nesva Hotel, we are so glad it has been a pleasant one. Your compliments towards our friendly staff are very motivating to continue offering their very best. We will be so happy to share your wonderful comments with our staff. Our hotel is located in Long Island City, an up and coming neighborhood, only a 10 minute ride into Manhattan, and restaurants are slowly popping up close to us. We hope you will be back soon.

Tim Westwig
General Manager (tim@nesvahotel.com)
Nesva Hotel - New York City Vista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Helpful and friendly staff. Its a new hotel, very clean with modern furniture and equipment. Although the rooms have tight space, beds are comfortable and well taken care off. Convenient for trains(subway) that serve Queens and Manhattan stops. Breakfast was not the greatest but if you don't care about a cup of coffee its a nice place to spend a night

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nesva H, Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thanks so much - we greatly appreciate your honest comments. We have listened and added items to our complimentary breakfast lineup. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you at Nesva Hotel in the near future.

Shirley Varela (shirley@nesvahotel.com)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Originally booked for 6 days and got out after 3 days. A new hotel that needs to get it's act together. Very small rooms, 1 small garbage can in the room. No dresser, no WIFI on our floor, no shower curtain. issues

• Stayed June 2013
Nesva H, Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We appreciate your honest comments and are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured we will be reviewing our process, rectify and retrain where necessary and implement procedures so that we may improve our service.

Please contact the hotel directly so that we can make up for this past stay and promise you the experience you so much deserve.

Shirley (shirley@nesvahotel.com)
Salvador, BA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel took advantage of a bad situation and overcharged me and would not change my rate. I had reservation in a hotel across the street. Because of the hurricane my plane arrived late. AND WHEN i got to the hotel about 1oclock in the mornimg I was told my reservation was cancelled and they could not accomadate me as I wanted. It was pouring rain and my wife went across the street to the Nesva Hotel. They got us a nice room and we took it at about $234.00 a night for 7 nights. During our stay we discovered that peole were paying $169.97 I went on hotwire.com as suggested by the desk clerk and found it a little cheaper. The desk clerk advised that I wait til checkout and talk to Tim the manager at that time. I did and the manger said he could not change the rate as we did not book on line that we were walk ins. I am 74 years old and my wife 62. in the pouring rain at 1 oclock in the morning so they charged me a high rate as where could I go with three heavy suitcases . They saw a chance to make extra Money and they did it. No I will never stay here again

Room Tip: Stay away. obviously they will cheat you if they can
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nesva H, Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
This was a difficult review for us to receive. We don't want any guest to feel they have been taken advantage. We do feel that we run our hotel very ethically as was commented on by many guests that were victims of Hurricane Sandy. We had several elderly guests that houses had been badly damaged, and they gave our hotel very kind remarks about how our staff made them feel very safe and comfortable during that time. We also charged less then normal prices during that time.

First, I am glad we were able to at least help provide a room, as the prior hotel had cancelled your original reservation, even though it was a stormy travel situation. We would never cancel a reservation under those circumstances. As far as price goes, we were nearly sold out during the time period of your stay, its very unlike there were beds online that could have been purchased for less. Were there guests in the hotel that had booked much earlier and paid less , yes of course, that is standard hotel practice. When you make a last minute booking, especially during peak times, one always pays a higher price.

Now having said all that , I am the manager and we never did speak about this situation, please contact the hotel and I will speak with you directly about this situation. We certainly do not want you to feel taken advantage of and I am happy to talk that over with you.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Positives:
- Very helpful and friendly staff
- The room was modern and comfortable. Cleaning was excellent.
- Convenient location, although there is not much going on in Long Island City, there are 2 subway stops within a 3 block radius, and just one stop away from Manhattan. Alternatively, the Queensboro bridge is a pleasant walk to Manhattan.

Things to improve:
- Breakfast selection was disappointing. Aside from a toaster, there was no hot food option. The muffins / pastries were too sweet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nesva H, Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you very much your review. We are pleased that you had such a good experience staying at the Nesva Hotel . We benefit from such specific comments, so we can build on our staffs strengths and encourage them to continue to improve, so all our guests feel as you do. We look forward to hosting your next trip to NYC!
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Nesva Hotel is a gem in the middle of Long Island City/Queens. A boutique hotel (still new-opened in October 2012) with ultra modern amenities (including a refrigerator in each room), furnishings and décor; a BALCONY for each room (!); extremely friendly and accommodating young staff; complimentary Wi-Fi and continental breakfast; beautifully designed common areas; lovely private outdoor patio behind the breakfast room; conveniently located within a quiet, mostly-residential, up & coming neighborhood. The room rates couldn't be beat. Instead of sharing a room my friend and I were able to book a room for each of us because the rates were so affordable. (We hope they stay this way.). Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Out flight wasn't until 6 p.m. and the hotel stored our luggage in a safe, secure room until we left so that we could go out and enjoy the day. Can't say enough about The Nesva. We had a great experience and highly recommend it. Regarding the add-on charge, yes, the hotel does add a $60 charge to your bill for incidentals but it drops off within 2-3 days after your you check out. Didn't have a problem like the other reviewers expressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We are thrilled to hear that your stay at Nesva Hotel was a wonderful choice when staying in New York. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back, and please do not hesitate to contact us directly prior to your next visit to ensure your stay is especially pleasant. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and kind remarks.

Tim Westwig (tim@nesvahotel.com)
General Manager - Nesva Hotel - New York City Vista
Bucharest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

They charged me for damage after THREE DAYS I left ( 76 USD). I do not smoke and did not iron so they did not have any reason. When I asked them why they answer : "76 $ is a fee for a burnt fleece whether it’s coming from smoking or ironing " like they did not know smoking or ironing. I will fill a complaint against them also as this is unbelievable. - breakfast does not exist. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I wonder how booking.com picked them up. Accross the street is Holiday Inn - you should try there.
It is incredible.

Room Tip: On the other side of the trains
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nesva H, Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
It is always unpleasant to have to charge a guest that damages a room or equipment and that is why we inspect the rooms carefully after cleaning. We have a new hotel and nice new furniture and linens and we want to keep them in great condition for all our guests. When we find that guests have damaged things in such a manner that it can no longer be used for the comfort of the next guest we do charge for then for it ,as is clearly stated on our policies. 99% of our guests never receive any damage charges.

I did have one guest pleasantly surprise me recently when unfortunately his children had been playing and badly damage a dresser. When I first had to charge them, he of course got very upset and said it wasn't their fault, as I am used to hearing of course. But he called back an hour later and said he had spoken to his wife about it and yes the kids did damage the dresser. He said they were tight on their budget and could I work out a payment with them to deal with the damage. I admired this customer for calling me back , and I did work out a payment that was less then the actual cost.

I am sorry this customer disputes the damage but we always photograph the damage and submit it to credit card companies when requested.

Been to Nesva Hotel? Share your experiences!