“Great Vietnamese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Queens, NY
“Great Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had take from Cyclo. My wife ordered the Bo Luc Lac" a marinated cubed sirloin beef dish while I had the Bahn Mi sandwich. They were both excellent. The cubed beef was extra tender and the sandwich was pretty substantial with a good amount of pork that was very good. Also, i called in the order and it was ready when i got there 15 minutes later.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Astoria, New York
“Quite Delectable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Cyclo was a welcome addition to the LIC neighborhood of Queens, NY, by where our job is located. Its menu boats of quite a few Vietnamese dish options, ranging from noodle soups to the traditional Vietnamese sandwich. We’ve visited Cyclo for dinner once and have ordered food to go on a number of occasions.

The ambiance is less than that you would expect and see from the usual Asian infused restaurants located in Manhattan, NY. They still play traditional music and do have some décor, albeit a select few, that suggests that it is a Vietnamese restaurant.

The menu offers quite a few selections but not too much that it overwhelms. It is perfect for the location as most patrons do visit the place for a quick bite.

We’ve had a couple of the sandwiches and have tried one of the Chef’s Specials. All were done quite well. Both were flavorful and were just the right serving.

The price is quite reasonable and as expected for the neighborhood and location with dish options ranging from $8 - $15. I would recommend Cyclo for those desiring something different as, I myself, would definitely re-visit the place when craving the same!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Vietnamese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food!! We had beef Pho soup, beef skewers, beef on rice and curry chicken on rice. Fantastic food all around. It's clean, reasonable priced and has friendly staff. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Good Vietnamese food. I will come here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“I take it back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I had given this place average rating based on their soup portions but since then I had their sandwich and I must say it was excellent.
So good that i have been there almost twice a month with my wife. We order one sandwich to share (bah mi), order soups and traditional coffee... Btw all this costs about $30.

Boonton, New Jersey
“Just had a Banh Mi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bought four Banh Mi sandwiches for take out. Two Traditional and two Ga. Both varieties were quite good. While waiting for the sandwiches to be prepared I had a chance to talk to the owner and was very impressed. The decor is stark but pleasant. The staff was very friendly and enthusiastic. Will try this establishment again

• Visited January 2013