I would recommend this hostel, although I may add, it's nothing exciting.
The price is ok for NYC and it's definitely good value - you could go cheaper, but with downs on other parts.
What I would recommend are ear plugs as the hostel is right in front of a metro line.
- rooms, common areas, baths are very clean
- common areas are quite nice
- kitchen very well equipped, everything very organized (food in fridge labelled)
- bathroom in the rooms (see previous reviews: some ppl like it some don't; I think it's convenient, although it is of note that the doors are sliding doors and don't shut completely which might be awkward for some ppl)
- room size is ok, lockers under lower bunk, about 35 l backpack size (rather on the small side)
- beds: bunk beds are a bit squeaky (metal frame), mattresses are a nightmare
- staff: uhm... I'd say functional. Neither very enthusiastic nor very helpful or friendly. they do their job.
- hostel policy: NO ALCOHOL allowed. you judge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Fully Renovated Hotel & Hostel! 3 Stories, and Full Basement of pure comfort, convenience and unbelievable affordability! Long Island City is located in western Queens, just across the East River from Midtown Manhattan and the Upper East Side. It is one of the most "vibrant areas in Queens and all of New York City." "In the last twenty years overwhelmingly industrial Long Island City has become a major cultural center with world-class art and working artists." Only 10 minutes from Midtown Manhattan and a block from subway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Q4 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Q4 Hotel Long Island City, New York