This place was amazing for the price. Paid $130 a night for a private room (which is half price compared to hotels in Manhattan!)
-Across the street from the Metro, which in 5 stops you can be in Times square! (Takes about 15min). So even though the hostel is not in Manhattan it is super super close!
-Have a lounge downstairs with Tv's, pool table etc.
-Have a kitchen downstairs. So you just pay for your own food and store it! Labels are provided so people know whose is whose, dishes are provided,you just have to clean up after yourself. This was very convenient, as you did not have to pay to eat out everyday.
The potentially bad:
-There is an above ground subway line across the street and you can hear the trains at night. It did not bother me but if you are a light sleeper it may!
- The bed was hard. I do not like hard beds and so it was very uncomfortable for me, but hey I did not pay for a 5 star hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Fully Renovated Hotel & Hostel! 3 Stories, and Full Basement of pure comfort, convenience and unbelievable affordability! Long Island City is located in western Queens, just across the East River from Midtown Manhattan and the Upper East Side. It is one of the most "vibrant areas in Queens and all of New York City." "In the last twenty years overwhelmingly industrial Long Island City has become a major cultural center with world-class art and working artists." Only 10 minutes from Midtown Manhattan and a block from subway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Q4 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Q4 Hotel Long Island City, New York