“Beautiful view, Comfy bed ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Perth
“Beautiful view, Comfy bed ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel is located in an industrial area but look past it and you'll see Manhattan skyline. Behind the hotel is the Silvercup East Studios.

I was impressed when the receptionist phoned our room to ask us if there was anything we need to make our stay comfortable. The housekeepers are friendly and gave us an extra blanket as requested. The hotel also provided a free shuttle to take us to the train station and back, which was very handy.There was also an ipod clock/dock with speakers so you can play your own music.

Ask for a room with a view. We were on the 12th floor so we had terrific view of Manhattan skyline.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

First impression wasn't t that good as the guy who did our check in was quite rude except from 'hi' he didn't say much and when was asked some questions..he answered 'what do you want to know!' But thanks to Joe and Adam professionalism we were relieved to know there are very kind and helpful staff there. The ladies from housekeeping too were very nice. The location is really good and the rooms very clean.subway is 5mins walk.

Room Tip: Book room on higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Queens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at this property for the first time recently. Everything about this hotel is easy. There are many places to eat within walking distance. I recommend the closest Papa John's for pizza - they will deliver to this hotel.

You can go anywhere that you need to from this location - lots of public transportation within blocks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the large stall shower. Also, the rooms, hallways and lobby are decorated in a modern style

There is free breakfast, although not enough room to sit comfortably - I brought it up to my room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

During the Polar Vortex I ended up here rather than at JFK with my fellow passengers. Watched a few games in the lobby with other stranded passengers. Drank some beer and ate some pizza. The hotel was warm. Thankful I am and had a good sleep. Did not have breakfast as I departed at 0400.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Torrance, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Made a mistake booking thru Expedia and the Manager (of the Fairfield) jerked us around for 30 minutes after he said he would try to cancel "missed" fee (refused to deal with the Expedia rep.) Later he said it was "Taken care of" ! I asked him if he cancelled the fee and he then admitted that he couldn't cancel the fee!
I told him that I would rather go to the Four Points by Sheraton(3 blocks away) Everything worked out for the best Not going to the Fairfield!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I seldom write negative reviews because I rarely have bad experiences at hotels. I would have liked my stay at this hotel for 2 nights only if I hadn't had so many bad experiences with their customer service. In fact the lack of customer service is the most annoying experience with this hotel. I gave my car to a hotel valet for a day and when I got the car back after checkout, I noticed damage to the rear bumper. I showed the damage to the valet and he took me straight to the front desk person who at least had the decency to apologize for the incident that took place on their property. I was asked to fill out a loss and incident report and was told that a manager would handle the case in a few days. I call the hotel after 5 days hoping to get a manager on the phone. He was in a meeting and I had to leave a voice message. I called 4 times since then and every single time I had to leave voice messages with no response afterwards. The general managers are always busy and do not bother to receive calls from guests or respond to their voice messages. This morning I noticed that I was charged for 2 nights of valet parking when I had the car parked just for a day. The hotel room itself wasn't entirely bad although for some odd reason I was given a handicap-friendly room. The shower curtains reeked of urine smell. The only positives were that the location of the hotel is very convenient (5 mins walk to Queens Plaza station) and the complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here with my kids in October 2013. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with how close this location is to the Metro line. I would totally stay here again due to the proximity and cost compared to downtown hotels.

The breakfast is your typical Fairfield Inn fare. Nothing all that exciting, but enough to get you going before you head out for your day.

The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel over the neighboring Fairfield Inn Long Island/Manhattan View. You may not get the view, but you have the convenience.

This location is very easy to get to even with a little bit of luggage.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi )
#6 Business Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.