“A Great Place to Stay in Long Island City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Queens, New York
“A Great Place to Stay in Long Island City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at this property for the first time recently. Everything about this hotel is easy. There are many places to eat within walking distance. I recommend the closest Papa John's for pizza - they will deliver to this hotel.

You can go anywhere that you need to from this location - lots of public transportation within blocks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the large stall shower. Also, the rooms, hallways and lobby are decorated in a modern style

There is free breakfast, although not enough room to sit comfortably - I brought it up to my room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

During the Polar Vortex I ended up here rather than at JFK with my fellow passengers. Watched a few games in the lobby with other stranded passengers. Drank some beer and ate some pizza. The hotel was warm. Thankful I am and had a good sleep. Did not have breakfast as I departed at 0400.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Torrance, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Made a mistake booking thru Expedia and the Manager (of the Fairfield) jerked us around for 30 minutes after he said he would try to cancel "missed" fee (refused to deal with the Expedia rep.) Later he said it was "Taken care of" ! I asked him if he cancelled the fee and he then admitted that he couldn't cancel the fee!
I told him that I would rather go to the Four Points by Sheraton(3 blocks away) Everything worked out for the best Not going to the Fairfield!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I seldom write negative reviews because I rarely have bad experiences at hotels. I would have liked my stay at this hotel for 2 nights only if I hadn't had so many bad experiences with their customer service. In fact the lack of customer service is the most annoying experience with this hotel. I gave my car to a hotel valet for a day and when I got the car back after checkout, I noticed damage to the rear bumper. I showed the damage to the valet and he took me straight to the front desk person who at least had the decency to apologize for the incident that took place on their property. I was asked to fill out a loss and incident report and was told that a manager would handle the case in a few days. I call the hotel after 5 days hoping to get a manager on the phone. He was in a meeting and I had to leave a voice message. I called 4 times since then and every single time I had to leave voice messages with no response afterwards. The general managers are always busy and do not bother to receive calls from guests or respond to their voice messages. This morning I noticed that I was charged for 2 nights of valet parking when I had the car parked just for a day. The hotel room itself wasn't entirely bad although for some odd reason I was given a handicap-friendly room. The shower curtains reeked of urine smell. The only positives were that the location of the hotel is very convenient (5 mins walk to Queens Plaza station) and the complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here with my kids in October 2013. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with how close this location is to the Metro line. I would totally stay here again due to the proximity and cost compared to downtown hotels.

The breakfast is your typical Fairfield Inn fare. Nothing all that exciting, but enough to get you going before you head out for your day.

The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel over the neighboring Fairfield Inn Long Island/Manhattan View. You may not get the view, but you have the convenience.

This location is very easy to get to even with a little bit of luggage.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Pros:
New hotel so clean and modern
Nice lounge area, bar
2 computers and printers available in lobby
Location is great as you have access to several train lines

Cons:
With the exception of Alex at the front desk, the rest of the staff is not very good.
6 months ago I stayed at the Verve just down the street and their service was fantastic so this hotel has got some work to do. (Also Verve offers free washer and dryer for use)
If you are not out of your room by 11am, it's not getting clean which is rare especially in US hotels where you can have your room cleaned as late as 3-5pm.
I stayed for 9 days and requested a later check out and it wasn't granted. Considering I've just dropped well over $1000 I think the hotel can spare an hour but again I think this has to do with the staff not being quick enough.
One afternoon we overheard a staff meeting taking place in the breakfast nook and it confirmed our suspicions that staff is not up to par.

Overall I'd stay here again as I'm sure they'll work out their staff issues.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our second stay at this property. I must say, it didn't seem as great this time. Front desk staff not all that friendly or helpful. No perks for Marriott Gold Members (no concierge lounge I understand, but not even a free bottle of WATER?). And the in room television did not work well - remote could not change the channels and even when replaced with a different one it still didn't function right.

Loud construction right outside the hotel started promptly around 8 am each morning, so do not expect to sleep in. (I, of course, do not blame the hotel for the construction! But as a potential guest you should be aware of it.)

The public computers in the main lobby are set up very oddly. Our smart phone was not working and my husband checked email on one - while another guest very pointedly WATCHED him type in his email address and tried to see the password... Unsettling. The 2 public computers need to be separated at least a bit to prevent that from happening.

Room was fine - normal Fairfield room. Clean, toiletries available, blow dryer, fine bed... And last but not least, hotel is still in a good location (smile - it has not moved). Easy to jump on the subway and get to Manhatten from this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi )
#6 Business Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.