“Clean hotel with good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Nanjing
“Clean hotel with good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great location if you dont want to be in the middle of Manhattan, subway is one block away and in a safe area. Hotel is very simple but clean, staff are all very friendly and helpful, reception helped me out and gave great advice, i would recommend this hotel.

Breakfast is a bit weird, everything is instant and even paper plates, cups and plastic spoons but it is ok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hotel is nice and rooms are clean, staff are very kind, funny and helpful. Location is perfect, just take the subway one block away and about 15 min to Manhattan. Not much to do around the hotel though. They don't have extra beds so if you're three guys, make sure to book two rooms. Breakfast is ok but not more then that. Can recommend it for sure!

Stayed April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is in a great location of you want to be close to Manhattan but not pay outrageous city rates. The hotel is very nicely decorated and the breakfast is very good. Rooms are spacious, clean and attractive. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but are extremely busy and can’t seem to keep up with the amount of traffic coming through. My first room was a handicap room and had a broken toilet, so I moved to another room that was MUCH nicer, but it had a leaky sink. Fortunately this was fixed right away. I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub. You will get more counter space.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great location, the subway is one block away which makes is easy to get to and from Manhattan. The room was generally clean as you would expect any hotel to be. Front desk staff was friendly and very helpful, Nickie especially went out her way to make my accommodation worth while. I must say I had a lot of questions about using the subway and she was extremely patient and drew out the subway stops and directed me exactly where on the train I needed to be to get back right to the hotel saving me a bit of walking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very nice hotel. Room was clean and accommodating. Close to all my venues for my reunion. Easy access to Manhattan, right near the 59th street bridge. You would think it would have been noisy with the train very close by, but very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was very good and a spacious lobby and dining area. Street parking was very good. Also near a lot of local eateries and quality restaurants. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This was a fantastic find when prices in Manhatten were through the roof! It was quiet, 2 mins from the subway, being one stop from Manhatten and
It was a very modern hotel! The included breakfast was a highlight and the staff each morning were extremely friendly and attentive to anything that anyone required! They were the hardest working hotel staff we have come across! We would stay again for sure!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Laval, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

In many ways a decent hotel, but whatever you do, don't use valet parking. They put a scratch in my bumper, in an otherwise immaculate 2013 Honda CRV. The damage is estimated at 4-6 hundred Canadian. When I complained to Marriott, they tried to settle it with 5,000 points, the equivalent of about $50. I was a bit insulted, refused the offer, and as soon as I have used up the existing points in my account, I will be dropping Marriott as my go-to hotel. Decent rooms, decent prices, but if you can't trust staff to do the right thing, well, there must be lots of other good deals out there.

To be fair, I didn't notice the damage until I was back home, so all they have is my word on this. But let's face it, even had I pointed this out to them before I left, the valet would have said the damage had been there before I arrived. The damage was enough that he must have noticed it happening, so he had already lied once by not advising me what he'd done, so why not a second. And they do not go over the car with you at all before parking it, so again, all I would have had is my word. My word is pretty good, I stay at various Marriotts several times a year, and have never tried to swindle them. But I guess that means nothing to these guys. Anyhow, this hotel doesn't appear to have good video surveillance of the parking area, to check on accidents, the valets look a little young and rushed (hopefully the vetting process is not simply, do you have a license?) and obviously they are not to be trusted either to avoid damaging vehicles or to make good if they do. So avoid valet parking. It isn't super cheap, and there appear to be other options available locally.

Other than that, the hotel isn't a bad deal, and if not for the aforementioned car issues, I probably would have been back for a week in November, when I run the NYC marathon. Several elevated trains run right past the hotel, and although I can be a light sleeper, and although I think at least some of them run all night, the noise didn't really bother me. The breakfast area was a bit chilly when I was there - it was cold outside, and the automatic doors and large windows right next to the eating area aren't ideal for cozy eating. However, the room price is decent, for New York, and the one I had was well-maintained and clean. There is very little of anything locally, even at Queensboro Plaza, but there are several train stations a very short walk away, so access to Manhattan is very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Business Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.