“Nice Hotel within easy reach of NYC.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
norfolk
“Nice Hotel within easy reach of NYC.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here in early December for 4 nights. The rates were more reasonable than midtown Manhattan. The hotel is very clean with king-size beds. Our mattresses were very comfortable because they were on the firm side. Lots of pillows, too. There is ample lighting in the room. Lots of outlets are available on the nightstands or at the desk which makes it easy to recharge your tablet/laptop/phone while using it. Our bathroom was very clean with a good shower. Good towels, too. Also, there is a mini-fridge, safe (on the small side), iron and board and hairdryer. The hotel provides the usual good breakfast which included hot scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffle, cereals, yogurts, bagels, muffins, fruit (apples and bananas), juices and coffee. The breakfast area is well-monitored and supplied.
The hotel staff is personable and very helpful. They will valet your car and I don't know what they charge as we didn't have one. We used the subway to get into the city and it is very convenient. The hotel is between 2 stations and the closest one is one long block away. It is a 2 minute walk. It gets you to the R train which services midtown and the lower west side. Transfers (free) are available to all other lines so you can get to literally anywhere in the city. The best way to travel on the subway is via Metro-card. It is the cheapest and easiest-especially if you are taking multiple trips. It is refillable and you get a 5% rebate credited to your card when you fill it with $5 or more. You can buy it from vending machines at any station or some stations have a staffed ticket booth. It is about a 5 minute ride to get to the first stop in Manhattan (59th and Lexington) and only about 5 more minutes to get to the Times Square area. Hassle free-no need to park a car and pay the exorbitant parking fees.
Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor (say 10 and above) as the hotel is next to the elevated train and it can be noisy. We had no problem with this (6th floor) although you could hear it.
Tip: Since you can't call for a NYC cab (the cheapest way to get to the airport), there is a service that we used that worked nicely. It is called dial7 car service (dial7.com). We reserved a car (Lincoln sedan) online and he came right on time. He got us to La Guardia in less than 15 minutes. Good driver and clean car. It cost $34 plus tip. I had seen some mixed reviews online concerning this service but we had no problems at all.
Tip: If you don't want to use this service to get to the airport you can also take a cab-you can't call for one but you can hail one on the street. A cab to LGA from the hotel should cost $20-24 plus tip. It is definitely cheaper than the car service. We used the car service because we went with the sure thing instead of hoping to flag down a cab. But next time I would hail a cab because on Northern Blvd. (just steps down from the hotel front door) I discovered that there are bunches of them driving by on that street.
We really enjoyed our time in NYC and staying at this hotel was convenient, comfortable and reasonable. We would definitely consider this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the higher rooms to avoid the elevated train noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I hope this hotel keeps realizing that its lifeblood is the shuttle van that takes the guests to, and picks up from the 33/Rawson #7 train station. It is what makes this hotel a viable candidate for commuting into Manhattan. They try to run the van every half hour, but I applaud them for putting an extra service for the morning and evening rush. Generally figure on ten minutes to take the van to the subway. Yesterday, I decided to walk it and from hotel door to train door -walking at a brisk pace with no stopping --it took me 23minutes. Is it worth it? The train takes you directly to TimesSquare or port authority where I needed to go every day for five days. The Fairfield near Times Square was charging over $300/night, in Long Island City I paid less than half that, saved $750. Is it worth saving that to take an extra half hour per commute each day and get some exercise to boot? For me it was. Now caveats: if you walk it could be desolate and lonely. It was my only time ever in New York walking on a street alone. The neighborhood is "industrial" zoned and there is a "correctional" institution on the way walking down vanDam street. When you get to the 33st station it is five flights of stairs to walk up and down. NO ELEVATOR. so if you have baggege keep that in mind. The hotel? Yeah I liked it. Breakfast with warm eggs , sausage, waffles, bread, muffins, cute containers of soy milk, yogurt, fruit&fruit salad etc. the maid did a great job cleaning and making up the room for five days, and dropped new amenities each day. Free wifi, and lots of outlets. My room had a great views of Empire State Building and silver cup studios. The hotel has 12 floors, the higher floors have better views...a hint you have already guessed.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bokeelia, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed @ FF Inn for Thanksgiving/Macy's day parade. The rooms were very nice, but small. Space is expencive in NY. This property is very close to the subway. If you are coming from Times Square take the R. Go to the Queens Plaza not Queensboro station. The breakfast is typical ff. The staff is nice. I felt sorry for the breakfast attendant who was working by herself on the day after Thanksgiving. Everything was empty. There is really not to much around this property, but you are probably going to NYC not Queenboro.

Room Tip: We had a 11th floor, and we could still hear the trains, so ask if they have rooms that you cannot h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Middleburg Heights, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This property is new and exceptionally clean. Upon arrival, the staff was very warm and helpful. The room was small, but, for the price and location, this was not a bother to me at all. The hotel offers free breakfast from 6-9am. The breakfast does include hot items, as well, which was a pleasant surprise! It is also noteworthy that the hotel is very close to the subway, being only 1 1/2 blocks away from the 39th street station. Yes, you can hear the train go by every few minutes, but, as a New Yorker at heart, I actually found the train calming as I went to sleep. Also, to note, the hotel is in an area of LIC that is undergoing HEAVY construction right now. There are new buildings popping up everywhere. this isn't very pretty to look at, and may seem like this is a bad neighborhood, but, it's a work in progress to improving the area. I give this property 5 stars and hope to stay again in the near future!

Room Tip: Rooms with a city view, if you can get them, are a nice value!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I travel a lot for work and made the decision many years ago to stick with Marriott hotels whenever possible, wherever I am and I've never really been disappointed. I come to New York frequently for business trips and it can be very pricey in the fall season and because of that I usually stay in Brooklyn or here in LIC. The Brooklyn location was booked and I noticed that they opened another Marriott in LIC so I decided to try it out. LIC for those that aren't familiar is right across the way from Midtown and you can get into the city in no time at all via Subway. I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was excellent and the service, second to none. LIC is developing, especially in this area where the hotel is so there's not a lot going on just yet, but give it some time. For the purposes of this trip however, I had numerious subway stations within a couple minute walk from the hotel and that for me is essential. The only draw back is it's near the elevated train so it does get a bit noisy compared to the other Marriott in LIC, but location wise I'd stay here instead.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed with my wife in Aug 2013 on a business trip. Services were good especially the breakfast, but unfortunately marred in the end.

When we check-out we were given a billing summary. We were told that we do not need to make additional payments since everything was paid in advance at the time of booking and we did not avail of additional services during our stay. However, after our return home we got another billing summary by email showing that the hotel had charged us US$100 for loss and damage. No explanation was provided. How can the hotel feel free to use our credit card without our knowledge and without explanation for what we are being charged for? We don't expect such things from a chain like Marriott right?

Now I have to make runs with my credit crad company to resolve the disputed charge. Business travellers surely don't have time for such hassels. This is unfortunate!

In addition, a copy of my wife's passport was taken to open a membership account with the Marriott group and we were told that we will receive an email. Never heard from them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

When we were looking for a hotel for a weekend in NYC, Manhattan hotel prices were sky-high. Long Island City was a good alternative at a much better price point. Manhattan is only a few subway stops away with a number of lines available. There are 3 subway stations within 2 blocks of the hotel - the walk is easy and safe. With a $30 unlimited Metro card for up to 7 days, it was very easy to get to and around Manhattan. This hotel is also well located for economical transit to JFK using the subway and AirTrain.

The hotel is somewhat new and well maintained. Self-serve breakfast is included, with some hot options. The staff was wonderful and could not have been more helpful. The hotel is located near elevated tracks with trains running through the night, and the train sound can be heard in the rooms. The noise didn't interrupt my sleep, but light sleepers might notice it.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again as a value alternative to Manhattan.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
#6 Family Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Business Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.