“The good, the bad and the worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
San Francisco
“The good, the bad and the worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I hope this hotel keeps realizing that its lifeblood is the shuttle van that takes the guests to, and picks up from the 33/Rawson #7 train station. It is what makes this hotel a viable candidate for commuting into Manhattan. They try to run the van every half hour, but I applaud them for putting an extra service for the morning and evening rush. Generally figure on ten minutes to take the van to the subway. Yesterday, I decided to walk it and from hotel door to train door -walking at a brisk pace with no stopping --it took me 23minutes. Is it worth it? The train takes you directly to TimesSquare or port authority where I needed to go every day for five days. The Fairfield near Times Square was charging over $300/night, in Long Island City I paid less than half that, saved $750. Is it worth saving that to take an extra half hour per commute each day and get some exercise to boot? For me it was. Now caveats: if you walk it could be desolate and lonely. It was my only time ever in New York walking on a street alone. The neighborhood is "industrial" zoned and there is a "correctional" institution on the way walking down vanDam street. When you get to the 33st station it is five flights of stairs to walk up and down. NO ELEVATOR. so if you have baggege keep that in mind. The hotel? Yeah I liked it. Breakfast with warm eggs , sausage, waffles, bread, muffins, cute containers of soy milk, yogurt, fruit&fruit salad etc. the maid did a great job cleaning and making up the room for five days, and dropped new amenities each day. Free wifi, and lots of outlets. My room had a great views of Empire State Building and silver cup studios. The hotel has 12 floors, the higher floors have better views...a hint you have already guessed.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bokeelia, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed @ FF Inn for Thanksgiving/Macy's day parade. The rooms were very nice, but small. Space is expencive in NY. This property is very close to the subway. If you are coming from Times Square take the R. Go to the Queens Plaza not Queensboro station. The breakfast is typical ff. The staff is nice. I felt sorry for the breakfast attendant who was working by herself on the day after Thanksgiving. Everything was empty. There is really not to much around this property, but you are probably going to NYC not Queenboro.

Room Tip: We had a 11th floor, and we could still hear the trains, so ask if they have rooms that you cannot h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Middleburg Heights, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This property is new and exceptionally clean. Upon arrival, the staff was very warm and helpful. The room was small, but, for the price and location, this was not a bother to me at all. The hotel offers free breakfast from 6-9am. The breakfast does include hot items, as well, which was a pleasant surprise! It is also noteworthy that the hotel is very close to the subway, being only 1 1/2 blocks away from the 39th street station. Yes, you can hear the train go by every few minutes, but, as a New Yorker at heart, I actually found the train calming as I went to sleep. Also, to note, the hotel is in an area of LIC that is undergoing HEAVY construction right now. There are new buildings popping up everywhere. this isn't very pretty to look at, and may seem like this is a bad neighborhood, but, it's a work in progress to improving the area. I give this property 5 stars and hope to stay again in the near future!

Room Tip: Rooms with a city view, if you can get them, are a nice value!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I travel a lot for work and made the decision many years ago to stick with Marriott hotels whenever possible, wherever I am and I've never really been disappointed. I come to New York frequently for business trips and it can be very pricey in the fall season and because of that I usually stay in Brooklyn or here in LIC. The Brooklyn location was booked and I noticed that they opened another Marriott in LIC so I decided to try it out. LIC for those that aren't familiar is right across the way from Midtown and you can get into the city in no time at all via Subway. I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was excellent and the service, second to none. LIC is developing, especially in this area where the hotel is so there's not a lot going on just yet, but give it some time. For the purposes of this trip however, I had numerious subway stations within a couple minute walk from the hotel and that for me is essential. The only draw back is it's near the elevated train so it does get a bit noisy compared to the other Marriott in LIC, but location wise I'd stay here instead.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed with my wife in Aug 2013 on a business trip. Services were good especially the breakfast, but unfortunately marred in the end.

When we check-out we were given a billing summary. We were told that we do not need to make additional payments since everything was paid in advance at the time of booking and we did not avail of additional services during our stay. However, after our return home we got another billing summary by email showing that the hotel had charged us US$100 for loss and damage. No explanation was provided. How can the hotel feel free to use our credit card without our knowledge and without explanation for what we are being charged for? We don't expect such things from a chain like Marriott right?

Now I have to make runs with my credit crad company to resolve the disputed charge. Business travellers surely don't have time for such hassels. This is unfortunate!

In addition, a copy of my wife's passport was taken to open a membership account with the Marriott group and we were told that we will receive an email. Never heard from them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

When we were looking for a hotel for a weekend in NYC, Manhattan hotel prices were sky-high. Long Island City was a good alternative at a much better price point. Manhattan is only a few subway stops away with a number of lines available. There are 3 subway stations within 2 blocks of the hotel - the walk is easy and safe. With a $30 unlimited Metro card for up to 7 days, it was very easy to get to and around Manhattan. This hotel is also well located for economical transit to JFK using the subway and AirTrain.

The hotel is somewhat new and well maintained. Self-serve breakfast is included, with some hot options. The staff was wonderful and could not have been more helpful. The hotel is located near elevated tracks with trains running through the night, and the train sound can be heard in the rooms. The noise didn't interrupt my sleep, but light sleepers might notice it.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again as a value alternative to Manhattan.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went to visit our granddaughter in LI City and this location was conveniently located to her new apartment. Excellent service from check in and bellhop staff right to check out. Continental breakfast included with stay had a great selection. Muffins, Bagels, bread, cold & Hot Cereal, juice, yogurts, waffles and even scrambled eggs and sausage. The room while not spacious was clean and the bed very comfortable. The individual heating & cooling controls were all working properly and we were able to control the temperature to our taste. They offer protected valet parking which is best during the week due to parking restrictions. On the weekends you can safely park on street in front of hotel, we did and car was fine. Excellent value for the room, TV and channels offered, free internet and breakfast. Will definitely stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi )
#4 Business Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;