“Nice Property, Surprisingly Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Booking.com FairfieldInn.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Arlington, Virginia
“Nice Property, Surprisingly Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we booked here, I thought we would be FAR away from the action of NYC and it would take a long and confusing subway ride to get to anything we wanted to do. WRONG! The hotel is very close to the subway stop and it is an easy and seemingly safe walk to the property.
The hotel is nice and clean - funky artwork, too! The front desk attendant, Jessica, was extra friendly and helpful. When we asked about which train to take to our event, she not only TOLD us, she printed out a map without us even asking! Very good customer service.
The room was nice- large for NYC. Clean bathroom. Comfy bed. We had some train noise, as the nearby train is above ground. If that noise will bother you then ask for a room on the other side.
Breakfast was good - waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, toast and cereal.
Things for the hotel to improve- don't water down the juices so much (they were basically just colored water) and put lotion in the rooms. Other than that - great place! We will be back next time we are in NY.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Petoskey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The subway was less than a block away so this was a very convenient place to stay on a budget to visit New York City. We purchased a five day unlimited subway pass (about$30/per person) which worked very good for getting around. The was a diner (Zante) nearby that we ate a late night dinner at a couple times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dayton Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It appears the hotel was recently remodeled or maybe just brand new. The place was very clean. The rooms were big and bright. The bathroom was clean and offered plenty of space and countertops. It offered breakfast and free WiFi. The subway was half a block away. Highly recommend and if you catch a good sale- no reason to stay anywhere else. Will visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first visit to NYC and at first I was skeptical about the location of this hotel. But no fear or worries. This is a brand new hotel that's situated on a quiet one way street near the train. Once you enter the hotel you do not hear the train at all. The staff was extremely helpful in helping us find our way around the city. When we called for additional towels they were brought up promptly.

The dining was great as well. The breakfast was replenished routinely. However on Saturday morning you had to wait a little longer because the young lady was working by herself which was crazy scheduling by the manager. But all in all everyone was patient and she kept everyone happy and fulfilled.

I definitely would stay here again. You can't beat the price!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any good views from this hotel. They are building the area up so give it a few yea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It's a new hotel, the rooms are clean, not large but adequate. The problem with this hotel is that an elevated train rumbled by, quite noisily, every 15 minutes or so. Drugstore earplugs were sufficient to drown it out and let me sleep, but I think the hotel should invest in better windows. Also, it's several blocks to any stores, you're in an industrial area, not conducive to doing anything outside the hotel, though you are three blocks or so from a train to Manhattan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

great hotel. all new, all modern, pretty and sleek marriott. minutes from queensboro (FREE) bridge into Manhattan. continental breakfast. awesome and helpful front desk staff. (I had an issue with my travelocity reservation and the desk clerk allowed me to check in my room while he called to work out the issue to confirm my paid reservation.) the area isnt all that great, but it is not bad or scary or dangerous at all. its long island city - pretty industrial area but my daughter and i walked to the store quite late at night and there were are few runners and bikers - we felt extremely comfortable. i travel to nyc quite a bit and this will be my regular hotel going forward (as long as they dont raise the rates ridiculously high). i didnt take pictures but the photos online looks exactly as the hotel (in and out) looks in person.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the side of the train tracks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

When I come to the City I usually stay with a friend in Brooklyn. However, he just moved to the Bronx and the morning commute was going to be a hassle for me to get to my morning meeting, so I decided just to stay here which was within walking distance.

The area reminds me of Brooklyn 15 years ago, so while it is a bit shabby looking, the morning streets were filled with young professionals jogging or going out for coffee. I never felt nervous at all, but if you were looking for a place close to restaurants this probably isn't your hotel unless you're cool with taking the subway a few stops.

The room itself was large, for NYC, and it was quiet, for NYC. Note that since it is near the trains you will hear them, but it wasn't loud enough to bother me. This was the second hotel I stayed in during this trip that had a nice sized shower with a door versus a curtain.

Overall I was pretty pleased with my night's stay. The cab from LGA was about $20 and I took the train or walked for the rest of the trip. The Internet access worked fine for me and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sortova,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and services with the Trip Advisor Community. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience, and certainly do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Ravi Persaud I General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.