“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

When I come to the City I usually stay with a friend in Brooklyn. However, he just moved to the Bronx and the morning commute was going to be a hassle for me to get to my morning meeting, so I decided just to stay here which was within walking distance.

The area reminds me of Brooklyn 15 years ago, so while it is a bit shabby looking, the morning streets were filled with young professionals jogging or going out for coffee. I never felt nervous at all, but if you were looking for a place close to restaurants this probably isn't your hotel unless you're cool with taking the subway a few stops.

The room itself was large, for NYC, and it was quiet, for NYC. Note that since it is near the trains you will hear them, but it wasn't loud enough to bother me. This was the second hotel I stayed in during this trip that had a nice sized shower with a door versus a curtain.

Overall I was pretty pleased with my night's stay. The cab from LGA was about $20 and I took the train or walked for the rest of the trip. The Internet access worked fine for me and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sortova,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and services with the Trip Advisor Community. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience, and certainly do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Ravi Persaud I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I traveled to the city for the electric zoo. I stayed the night of 8/31 and left the following morning. Check in was easy and fast. All of the staff were friendly at the beginning of my stay. My room was very clean. After a long night in the city I looked forward to sleeping. When I got to to the hotel immediately went straight to my room and went to directly to bed. A few hours later is when the nightmare began. I woke up early in the morning to people being very loud in the hall. I tried to wait it out and hoped whoever it was would go into their room(s) and call it a night. THAT NEVER HAPPENED. The people were going between at least 2 or 3 rooms being loud and not caring about the other guests. After a little while of putting up with it I finally got up to ask them to please quiet down.... That was a mistake. When I poked my head out and asked them to please quiet down cause I had a very long night I was met with the most rude, and obnoxious young lady I have ever met. This lady told me to go back into my room before she has me kicked out because she was the owner and didn't need to do anything. I told her that an owner would have more respect for her guests and she just said whatever and walked away. I WILL NEVER stay here again cause if this is the type of person that owns this hotel I will not give them a single cent of my hard earnedmoney.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear W0rldTraveler_1961,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a mix review of our hotel. While there were some things we did right, it is evident that your stay was not perfect due to noise disturbances.

We do have associates that continuously do a walk-through of the property to monitor cleanliness, guest safety & security, as well as identify any possible disturbances, however there are short windows of times where a specific area is unmonitored by an actual attendant when they are doing their rounds.

Although it is seemingly uncharacteristic for a Team Member or member from our Ownership Group to make such a bold statement, I certainly would like to identify this individual so that corrective actions can be taken. Please reach out to me at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your review in more detail. Thank you and I certainly do look forward to hearing from you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I'll admit the area didn't look to be the best (though I think that is more New York in general than this specific hotel), the service here was top notch. We arrived long before the normal check-in time, around 1 p.m., and the staff went out of their way to get a room ready for us. The housekeeping and front desk staff were both extremely impressive as they worked to help make our trip a little easier. Our experiences with the valet parking were equally positive, and an employee chose to help us (completely on his own accord) to load and unload our luggage on arrival and departure. My only complaint is that the staff didn't wear nametags clearly enough, so I could know exactly who helped us out so much! If the hotel manager could provide an email address to me to contact, I'd love to at least send the names we managed to get, since they deserve praise for their hard work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sirchuckles12,

Wow, what a fantastic review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding the "Excellent Service" received. Please feel to contact me directly at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com to further discuss any associates you felt exemplified superior service. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the New York City Area!

East Jewett, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Upon arriving I was greeted by both a courteous and helpfull staff. They were quick to make me comfortable and I was delighted by the view from my customary high floor. I liked the fifteenth floor it gives the best views of Manhattan.
Although the room was rather small the decor fit the ambience that is Long Island city. Modern and certainly New York urban.

Room Tip: A high floor for the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear WilliamPDuffy,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and team members! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit & hope to welcome you back soon!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a great experience here - Long Island City is an up-and-coming neighborhood. Marriott did a good job snatching this location. Staff were way friendly than the Ramada Inn on Crescent Street. I will definitely stay here again!!

Don't expect too much from the neighborhood; you are close enough to Manhattan - head out there for entertainment and other activities. You can also jump on N/Q trains (39th Ave) towards Ditmars, get off on Broadway or 30th Ave and enjoy some of Astoria's fine bars and restaurants. In terms of local transportation, contact Hoyt car services. They service the Astoria/Long Island City area and usually show up in 5 minutes, yea seriously they do!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gerald K,

We are delighted to hear about your "Great Experience" at our hotel and look forward to your next visit the next time you are in the New York City Area!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

First off let me start by saying I NEVER write reviews! But as a hospitlaity employee I am absolutely disgusted with this place and I lost all respect for the Marriott Chain! I stayed her during the wkd of the 4th of July and I had tons of fun things planned in the city. The first thing I noticed was that this hotel ws in the middle of nowhere so duting check-in I asked if I would have trouble getting a cab to go out that night. The Front desk agent told me to simply call 10 mins ahead and I did. What we ended up getting was a limo, that charged us $45 for a ride that wouldve cost 15 in a yellow cab and he dropped us off at the wrong location which forced us to spend more on another cab to get to the right place. That was strike one! Since this was a third party that they seem to use ofte I mentioned the poor service to GM (Ravi) who said he would look into and get back to me... he never did, I actually had to go back and ask for a follow up and there wasnt one. Strike two occured whe My friend and I met some guys while we were out. we invited them to the bar in the lobby for drinks however they arrived after the bar closed and was given my full name and room # the front desk agent. the front desk agent give them the info without ever calling me to let me know they were coming! This is BASIC front desk etiquite; you never let someone in a room if there name isnt on the reservation, you always call the guest to let them know if they have company,and you NEVER give out a guest information!! This could have ended dangerously! There is a big difference between inviting someone to the bar in the lobby and giving them your full name and room #!! Again I communicated this to the GM and after going back and fourth for over 25 mins I was told he would "investiagte this situation" and he would get back to me. It has been 2 weeks since then and still no word from anyone about any of these issues. these are just two of many issues I had during my stay. This place is joke, they know nothing about customer service and it is pooor representation of the Marriott company. I will never stay here or at any other Marriott again!! and if you're a woman looking for a safe secure place to stay, DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rae D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review of our hotel. As you can see by the many positive reviews of our property, what you experienced is definitely not the standard at our hotel, and I certainly do apologize if you felt that the service received was sub-par.

Please allow me to address the concerns you presented as I do keenly recall your visit.

Firstly, according to NYC Law, Yellow Taxis are prohibited to be called on private properties. Yellow-Taxis can be flagged on street level or picked-up from a designated Taxi Stand (i.e. Airports). The tradeoff is that Private Livery Services can be called on private property, however may not be flagged on street level. We are affiliated with a Car Service Company (Separate Entity) which was contacted when a taxi was requested. A stretched limo was provided as it was the nearest vehicle to our location at the time of the dispatch, and would charge the same flat fare as a standard limo. At the time the concerns were presented, a copy of the receipt was requested showing the overcharge, but you were unable to furnish one. For the inconvenience however, a courtesy rate was extended for an additional night’s stay and the difference in fares were offset from your final invoice.

Privacy & Security are definitely of high importance at our hotel and any other property representing the Marriott Brand. Thorough training is administered to all team members and random audits are conducted to ensure policies are upheld. Upon your guest’s arrival, they informed the desk staff that they were here visiting friends and confirmed the occupants name and room number. Once the information provided was validated they were then allowed to proceed.

I am apologetic at the fact that you were not satisfied with your overall experience despite the different courtesies that were extended throughout your visit. I certainly would like to welcome you back to our property for a future stay so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your every expectation and restore your trust in the Marriott Brand.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Because trust me - the hotel they describe is not the one I visited.

Look - it's a Marriot so it has the usual Marriot amenities and touchs.
But that's where it ends.
Why they even stuck it here is anyone's guess.

1 - It is located in the "hood".
OK - so maybe all of NY looks like a hood to this Texan, but this area is sketchy to say the least. There is nothing charming nor interesting about the area. It's a typical ridden rough, put up wet type of New York neighborhood.

2 - Spacious room? My closet at home has more space. Need an example. Go ahead and book a stay there and try to fit into the desk chair that is only 2 feet from the bed. (2 Full size bed room admittedly) The rooms are tiny. So tiny, that there is only one small dresser, and they have to implant the flat screen TV in the wall to save space. To refer to these rooms as spacious is an insult, and whoever posts such reviews using that reference is obviously on the Marriot payroll.

3 - Parking? Noooooo...how do you feel about parking on the other side of the "street". So that of course means emptying everything from you car that isn't nailed down. If all else fails, you can park on the sidewalk. Super.

4 - "Manhattan View" - Oh come on. Seriously. I was on the 7th floor and there was only a hint of the Brooklyn Bridge far off in the distance. It is by no means any sort of Manhattan view. By any stretch of the imagination.

I would not recommend this location to anyone. You can stay at the Newark Airport, for the same price, have a truly expansive room, and still be within 15 minutes of Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear PatMeDownPlease,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay during recent trip to Long Island City.

At the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Queensboro, we certainly do strive on providing every guest with 100% Satisfaction. Based upon the feedback that you have provided, I am not certain that you stayed at our particular property. Please allow me to address the concerns that you had to clarify any uncertainties as well distinguish the difference between our property and the hotel in which you are describing.

First and foremost, our hotel is centrally located a few blocks away from the Queensboro Bridge / Queensboro Plaza Station. Although some of the area is in its development stages, there are many different businesses and attractions nearby that bring hundreds of visitors to this area daily. With a high flow of commuter traffic, there is authority presence available 24 hours a day.

In regards to our guest rooms, they are definitely spacious in comparison with other New York City rooms. Each one of our guest rooms are equipped with an I-Home docking station, Refrigerator, In-Wall Safe, Complimentary Wi-Fi, & a 32 Inch Flat Panel TV that is mounted on the work desk and not on the wall as mentioned.

For guest parking we do offer a hassle-free Valet Service that is available to each one of our guests 24 Hours a Day. Our parking facility is secured and is monitored by surveillance cameras as well as an attendant 24 Hours a Day. We have 2 areas on property that we utilize to park the vehicles giving us adequate room to accommodate all of our guests that have vehicles. In the event that you do not wish to utilize our Valet Service, there certainly is street parking available throughout the perimeter of the property as well as nearby Parking Garages.

Our City View rooms offer a dynamic view of New York City's Midtown Skyline. These rooms are strategically located on our top 3 Floors for Optimal Views.

As mentioned earlier, there are certainly some differences from the hotel that you described and our particular property. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your review in more detail should you have any additional concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com.

Ravi Persaud I General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi )
#6 Business Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;