“unprofessional and unsafe!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Boston, Massachusetts
“unprofessional and unsafe!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

First off let me start by saying I NEVER write reviews! But as a hospitlaity employee I am absolutely disgusted with this place and I lost all respect for the Marriott Chain! I stayed her during the wkd of the 4th of July and I had tons of fun things planned in the city. The first thing I noticed was that this hotel ws in the middle of nowhere so duting check-in I asked if I would have trouble getting a cab to go out that night. The Front desk agent told me to simply call 10 mins ahead and I did. What we ended up getting was a limo, that charged us $45 for a ride that wouldve cost 15 in a yellow cab and he dropped us off at the wrong location which forced us to spend more on another cab to get to the right place. That was strike one! Since this was a third party that they seem to use ofte I mentioned the poor service to GM (Ravi) who said he would look into and get back to me... he never did, I actually had to go back and ask for a follow up and there wasnt one. Strike two occured whe My friend and I met some guys while we were out. we invited them to the bar in the lobby for drinks however they arrived after the bar closed and was given my full name and room # the front desk agent. the front desk agent give them the info without ever calling me to let me know they were coming! This is BASIC front desk etiquite; you never let someone in a room if there name isnt on the reservation, you always call the guest to let them know if they have company,and you NEVER give out a guest information!! This could have ended dangerously! There is a big difference between inviting someone to the bar in the lobby and giving them your full name and room #!! Again I communicated this to the GM and after going back and fourth for over 25 mins I was told he would "investiagte this situation" and he would get back to me. It has been 2 weeks since then and still no word from anyone about any of these issues. these are just two of many issues I had during my stay. This place is joke, they know nothing about customer service and it is pooor representation of the Marriott company. I will never stay here or at any other Marriott again!! and if you're a woman looking for a safe secure place to stay, DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Rae D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review of our hotel. As you can see by the many positive reviews of our property, what you experienced is definitely not the standard at our hotel, and I certainly do apologize if you felt that the service received was sub-par.

Please allow me to address the concerns you presented as I do keenly recall your visit.

Firstly, according to NYC Law, Yellow Taxis are prohibited to be called on private properties. Yellow-Taxis can be flagged on street level or picked-up from a designated Taxi Stand (i.e. Airports). The tradeoff is that Private Livery Services can be called on private property, however may not be flagged on street level. We are affiliated with a Car Service Company (Separate Entity) which was contacted when a taxi was requested. A stretched limo was provided as it was the nearest vehicle to our location at the time of the dispatch, and would charge the same flat fare as a standard limo. At the time the concerns were presented, a copy of the receipt was requested showing the overcharge, but you were unable to furnish one. For the inconvenience however, a courtesy rate was extended for an additional night’s stay and the difference in fares were offset from your final invoice.

Privacy & Security are definitely of high importance at our hotel and any other property representing the Marriott Brand. Thorough training is administered to all team members and random audits are conducted to ensure policies are upheld. Upon your guest’s arrival, they informed the desk staff that they were here visiting friends and confirmed the occupants name and room number. Once the information provided was validated they were then allowed to proceed.

I am apologetic at the fact that you were not satisfied with your overall experience despite the different courtesies that were extended throughout your visit. I certainly would like to welcome you back to our property for a future stay so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your every expectation and restore your trust in the Marriott Brand.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Because trust me - the hotel they describe is not the one I visited.

Look - it's a Marriot so it has the usual Marriot amenities and touchs.
But that's where it ends.
Why they even stuck it here is anyone's guess.

1 - It is located in the "hood".
OK - so maybe all of NY looks like a hood to this Texan, but this area is sketchy to say the least. There is nothing charming nor interesting about the area. It's a typical ridden rough, put up wet type of New York neighborhood.

2 - Spacious room? My closet at home has more space. Need an example. Go ahead and book a stay there and try to fit into the desk chair that is only 2 feet from the bed. (2 Full size bed room admittedly) The rooms are tiny. So tiny, that there is only one small dresser, and they have to implant the flat screen TV in the wall to save space. To refer to these rooms as spacious is an insult, and whoever posts such reviews using that reference is obviously on the Marriot payroll.

3 - Parking? Noooooo...how do you feel about parking on the other side of the "street". So that of course means emptying everything from you car that isn't nailed down. If all else fails, you can park on the sidewalk. Super.

4 - "Manhattan View" - Oh come on. Seriously. I was on the 7th floor and there was only a hint of the Brooklyn Bridge far off in the distance. It is by no means any sort of Manhattan view. By any stretch of the imagination.

I would not recommend this location to anyone. You can stay at the Newark Airport, for the same price, have a truly expansive room, and still be within 15 minutes of Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear PatMeDownPlease,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay during recent trip to Long Island City.

At the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Queensboro, we certainly do strive on providing every guest with 100% Satisfaction. Based upon the feedback that you have provided, I am not certain that you stayed at our particular property. Please allow me to address the concerns that you had to clarify any uncertainties as well distinguish the difference between our property and the hotel in which you are describing.

First and foremost, our hotel is centrally located a few blocks away from the Queensboro Bridge / Queensboro Plaza Station. Although some of the area is in its development stages, there are many different businesses and attractions nearby that bring hundreds of visitors to this area daily. With a high flow of commuter traffic, there is authority presence available 24 hours a day.

In regards to our guest rooms, they are definitely spacious in comparison with other New York City rooms. Each one of our guest rooms are equipped with an I-Home docking station, Refrigerator, In-Wall Safe, Complimentary Wi-Fi, & a 32 Inch Flat Panel TV that is mounted on the work desk and not on the wall as mentioned.

For guest parking we do offer a hassle-free Valet Service that is available to each one of our guests 24 Hours a Day. Our parking facility is secured and is monitored by surveillance cameras as well as an attendant 24 Hours a Day. We have 2 areas on property that we utilize to park the vehicles giving us adequate room to accommodate all of our guests that have vehicles. In the event that you do not wish to utilize our Valet Service, there certainly is street parking available throughout the perimeter of the property as well as nearby Parking Garages.

Our City View rooms offer a dynamic view of New York City's Midtown Skyline. These rooms are strategically located on our top 3 Floors for Optimal Views.

As mentioned earlier, there are certainly some differences from the hotel that you described and our particular property. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your review in more detail should you have any additional concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was stuck at LGA due to weather and had to find a hotel "nearby" as all the airport hotels were sold out. So, I ended up here. It's a $15-20 cab ride from the airport, and the immediate area around the hotel -- Queens Plaza - is shabby and has nothing to offer. But, the hotel itself is just fine -- it's new-ish, very clean and the rooms are bigger than I'd expected for an NYC hotel. There's no room service, but the staff were helpful with take-out options. There's probably no reason to ever stay here unless you're stuck -- but if you are, this is a good option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Out8974,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a candid review of our hotel. Our rooms are indeed spacious in comparison with other NYC Hotel Rooms, and our property is in fact new as we have been open for less than a year.

Although, certain areas of Long Island City are in its development stages there are many different attractions that brings hundreds of visitors to this area daily. Some of these attractions are Dining/Night Life, Proximity to Manhattan and Airports, Close Proximity to Citi Field & Tennis Stadiums, Shopping, Museums & History, just to name a few.

I certainly would like to welcome you back to our hotel in the future (hopefully for a longer layover), so that you may have the opportunity to heed all this area has to offer at the comfort of a relaxing & welcoming hotel environment.

Regards,

Fort Lauderdale FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now. The price is usually much better than staying in Manhattan and it's a quick 2 stops on the Subway to be over in Manhattan and only 4 stops to be at Times Square. Taking the subway IS part of the NYC experience!

The hotel is clean and quiet. The bed and linens are nicely upgraded. There is a spacious lobby(rare for NYC) and the staff are pleasant. A morning breakfast is provided.including eggs/bacon and a good selection of juices and "continental" style foods.

Plenty of restaurants nearby. Excellent for business or as a point for leisure trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Semrich,

Thank you for kind words of our hotel and staff. We are delighted to hear that you continually enjoy your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to three subway stations and is convenient for travel to mid town, downtown, Flushing, and Citi Field. The area itself is undergoing redevelopment, so if you want to overlook a nice park, then forget it, but I found the area fine for my purposes, it's a base for sightseeing in New York. I walked back in the dark from the Queensboro subway station and did not feel threatened. However, as with anywhere care should be taken.
The hotel offers breakfast which is pretty standard but perfectly acceptable fare, if there is a criticism it is that breakfast finishes at 9am weekdays.
The rooms are clean and functional. The staff are excellent, and this I found to be great. They couldn't do enough for me, giving directions, helping with any query I had about the area or where to visit, they are friendly and smile. I stayed for 8 nights and enjoyed my stay at this hotel and in New York City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear David M,

Thank you for sharing your kind words of our hotel & team members with the Trip Advisor Community. We certainly do appreciate & value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Keerbergen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent 4 nights here and were very pleased with it.
It is clearly a new hotel. The rooms are large and clean. Staff is very friendly and although breakfast is not the same as in Europe or Asia (amount of choice), for a NYC hotel it is pretty good.
We were only a couple of minutes away from the subway with just 20min to Times Square and we never felt unsafe. We even went to a nice Brazilian restaurant in Astoria (15min walk from the hotel) in the evening.
You may say that the close by subway causes a lot of noise, but you get used to it after 1 night. It even rocks you asleep after a while.
Would definitely come back here. We stayed in a luxurious hotel for 2 nights after this one, but that one cannot compete with this Fairfield Inn, which is much better and less expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear MamaMara,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and want to thank you for sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community.

In an increasingly competitive industry, we do realize that there are many choices. Thus we continuously strive to deliver exceptional service while maintaining a great product that the Marriott Brand is so well renowned for.

Thank you for you staying with us and we certainly do look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I flew into NY-Kennedy on May 23 from Europe to discover our continuing flight was cancelled due to bad weather. After trying to transfer unsuccessfully to a flight from LaGuardia, we found ourselves badly in need of a hotel...all the airport hotels were fully booked. Through the Marriott 800 number we got a reservation for this hotel, and with the help of a taxi driver arrived about 9:00 pm (exhausted from our travels and the time zone change). The area around the hotel looked like an industrial zone under construction. However, the welcome we received from the desk clerk,Eleni was warm and efficient. She immediately got us checked in and apologized for only having a double room available.

The next morning we were very impressed with the free breakfast which included hot (eggs, waffles, bacon,and sausage) and cold items (yogurt, fruit, cereal etc).

Since we could not get a flight out until the 25th we asked about staying another night and a place for lunch and were sent to a wonderful deli/restaurant, Zante's about 2 blocks away and then given a tutorial on how to use the subway to get to the World Trade Center by the manager, Louis Gonzalez.

As we checked out on the 25th about 8:30 Eleni was again at the front desk wishing us a safe trip home.

All we can say is this hotel and its staff turned what could have been a disaster into a pleasant experience.
Cincinnati Victor

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Cincinnati Victor,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel and recognition of our team members!

Each one of our team members are committed to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience. Although your trip was not planned, we are glad that we were able to fulfill our commitment and turn what could have been a negative experience into a positive one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and certainly hope that it will be a planned visit the next time around!

Best Regards,

Ravi Persaud I Assistant General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
#3 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.