“Short Subway Ride to Midtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Maryland
“Short Subway Ride to Midtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at this Marriott property. Frankly, we chose this hotel because it was the nearest-to-Manhattan location eligible for our free-night certificate. It's close to 2 subway stops less than 15 minutes to Midtown. The surrounding area is a bit sketchy but perfectly safe during the day with many other tourists walking to a few other area hotels.

Proximity to the subway is also a minus as overhead tracks run very close to hotel and clang, clang, clang is heard from early morning to late at night.

The room was fine, clean and nothing to complain or rave about. The free breakfast was standard, though a nice staff person promptly supplied more bananas upon request.

All in all this is a good, economical choice if you don't mind riding the subway to and from the city.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms are shielded from subway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

You are 2 train exits away from Manhattan and at a more reasonable price. Employees Miguel Espinoza and Emily Yew were very helpful in making my family feel comfortable at this hotel. We were in the city all day so weren't hanging around that much, but when we were--felt very comfortable.

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Once my family and I spent a few nights at a Times Square area hotel and decided it was not worth the money, instead of that we returned to our usual Queensboro Bridge area stay. This time we decided to try another hotel instead the one we have used before. We found this Fairfield inn to be even better located, a short block walk from the hotel to Queens plaza station will put you right on the blue and orange metro lines that will take you fast either on the 9/11 memorial area or in Central Park, Times Square, just anywhere in Manhattan. Other metro stations are also close to this conveniently located hotel.
The facilities are brand new, instead of the micro rooms you will find in Manhattan the rooms here have a good size and a large bathroom, there is a mini refrigerator inside the room, a safe box and a closet. High definition TV comes with a large selection of direcTv channels. The only thing I did not like and don't understand is why they put such a small lavatory and faucet in the bathroom , it makes difficult even to wash your hands.
Housekeeping and manteinance are good.
Lobby area is quite large and generally speaking the services are easy to find and access. breakfast options are several and it may be the best I have seen in this kind of express breakfast service.
The very best thing about this hotel is their staff, ALL of them proved to be well trained and with good service and communication skills. We arrived 9:15 am after a very hard trip and they offered a cup of cofee while they arranged a room for ultra early check in (check in was at 3:00pm), a few minutes ago we were receiving our fresh and clean room. Keep on the good job guys.
This is our new reference hotel when visiting New York.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel is your typical Fairfield Inn. They offer valet parking, however parking is free on the street and isn't typically that hard to find. The rooms are smaller than normal Fairfield Inn rooms, but are very typical for NYC. Elevators are fairly quick. Hotel is directly beside the train, and if you are a heavy sleeper you will have no problem, otherwise bring some ear plugs! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just stayed last weekend from Thursday 3/21 til Monday 3/25/2013. Everyone was great with excellent service. The place is brand new I heard opened in November. It is super convenient to Manhattan with 2 subway stations very close to the place (both short walks away within 10 mins or less). One has the E,M,R (closer to the hotel) and just a slightly more walk is the N,Q and 7.

The rooms were spacious, beds nice and comfy (just the right firmness), there is direct TV and many channel options. The elevators were very prompt and I loved that you did not have to slide your key card but tap it to the sensor on the door. (Loved it!) When we were missing things or needed things, they were brought promptly to our room. All our questions were answered with courtesy, knowledge and in a friendly manner. Whenever we left and came back we were always greated with a smile and I was by name too.

There was a big school group from Florida but there was still good service. You can hear the subway a little but it is not too distracting as I am a heavy sleeper.

The breakfast was good for the price. We got apples/bananas, packets of oatmeal, 4 choices of cereal-corn flakes, frosted flakes, raisin bran, or fruit loops, 3 brands for flavored yogurt (single serving), heat to serve omelette in pita bread or 2 types of jimmy dean sandwichs with biscuit egg bacon cheese or egg sausage and cheese. There was also OJ/apple juice, coffee , tea, and some pastries. It fueled us for the day.

The place was clean and well kept. Convenient to the subway too. Even when we forgot our toothpaste and couldn't find a shower cap, they promptly provided us with them.

There are 2 computers in the lobby to use and I enjoyed the complimentary wifi throughout the building that you had to renew every 24 hours.

My parents want to stay there again. If you are a light sleeper it might be noisy due to the trains but we are not.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so thoughtful and nice they deserve to be recognized.
Robin, Emily, and from Housekeeping Department Lala and William, regular overnight favorites Front Desk agent and Chris (who even helped figured out something in the computer while finishing a project) always with a smile, my favorite breakfast lady that is there 5 days out of my week and each one of YOU that have that service attitude instill in you, thank you for all you do!
While staying there I took the train to go to Manhattan (by the way the train station is very convenient, just a block away) and when I made it back and got out in the street felt totally lost….called the hotel and Noel answered very pleasant so I explained where I was. Very reassuring he said not to be scare (guessing he felt the panic in my voice?!) that I was at the right place just needed to go back and get out by the Northern exit and if I needed more assistance to call back. I did just what he instructed and arrived at the hotel within 5 minutes.
I stopped at the Front Desk to thank Noel just to find out that Brian from Valet Parking was on his way to meet me at the train station and make sure I was alright!
Noel called Brian to let him know I was already at the hotel and when Brian came back he mentioned the blue light and the clock on the top of a tall building to use as a guide, so every time I look at the light and clock I know I am going on the right direction. Noel and Brian thank you!
All of them are always eager to assist with a smile; they make you feel welcome and comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here because the price was reasonable, all hotels in nyc are double the price. The staff was really nice and helpful, but because it's right by the bridge/metro station, so you can hear the train at night. We asked for a room that's higher up but we can still hear the train. Nothing you can do, its just a bad location. Bring your earplugs. The room is small under 200 sq ft but thats a good size compare to rooms in nyc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Address: 29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi )
#6 Business Hotel in Long Island City
#7 Family Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.