“Clean - Great Location - Train Noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29-27 40th Road, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Clean - Great Location - Train Noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel is your typical Fairfield Inn. They offer valet parking, however parking is free on the street and isn't typically that hard to find. The rooms are smaller than normal Fairfield Inn rooms, but are very typical for NYC. Elevators are fairly quick. Hotel is directly beside the train, and if you are a heavy sleeper you will have no problem, otherwise bring some ear plugs! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just stayed last weekend from Thursday 3/21 til Monday 3/25/2013. Everyone was great with excellent service. The place is brand new I heard opened in November. It is super convenient to Manhattan with 2 subway stations very close to the place (both short walks away within 10 mins or less). One has the E,M,R (closer to the hotel) and just a slightly more walk is the N,Q and 7.

The rooms were spacious, beds nice and comfy (just the right firmness), there is direct TV and many channel options. The elevators were very prompt and I loved that you did not have to slide your key card but tap it to the sensor on the door. (Loved it!) When we were missing things or needed things, they were brought promptly to our room. All our questions were answered with courtesy, knowledge and in a friendly manner. Whenever we left and came back we were always greated with a smile and I was by name too.

There was a big school group from Florida but there was still good service. You can hear the subway a little but it is not too distracting as I am a heavy sleeper.

The breakfast was good for the price. We got apples/bananas, packets of oatmeal, 4 choices of cereal-corn flakes, frosted flakes, raisin bran, or fruit loops, 3 brands for flavored yogurt (single serving), heat to serve omelette in pita bread or 2 types of jimmy dean sandwichs with biscuit egg bacon cheese or egg sausage and cheese. There was also OJ/apple juice, coffee , tea, and some pastries. It fueled us for the day.

The place was clean and well kept. Convenient to the subway too. Even when we forgot our toothpaste and couldn't find a shower cap, they promptly provided us with them.

There are 2 computers in the lobby to use and I enjoyed the complimentary wifi throughout the building that you had to renew every 24 hours.

My parents want to stay there again. If you are a light sleeper it might be noisy due to the trains but we are not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so thoughtful and nice they deserve to be recognized.
Robin, Emily, and from Housekeeping Department Lala and William, regular overnight favorites Front Desk agent and Chris (who even helped figured out something in the computer while finishing a project) always with a smile, my favorite breakfast lady that is there 5 days out of my week and each one of YOU that have that service attitude instill in you, thank you for all you do!
While staying there I took the train to go to Manhattan (by the way the train station is very convenient, just a block away) and when I made it back and got out in the street felt totally lost….called the hotel and Noel answered very pleasant so I explained where I was. Very reassuring he said not to be scare (guessing he felt the panic in my voice?!) that I was at the right place just needed to go back and get out by the Northern exit and if I needed more assistance to call back. I did just what he instructed and arrived at the hotel within 5 minutes.
I stopped at the Front Desk to thank Noel just to find out that Brian from Valet Parking was on his way to meet me at the train station and make sure I was alright!
Noel called Brian to let him know I was already at the hotel and when Brian came back he mentioned the blue light and the clock on the top of a tall building to use as a guide, so every time I look at the light and clock I know I am going on the right direction. Noel and Brian thank you!
All of them are always eager to assist with a smile; they make you feel welcome and comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here because the price was reasonable, all hotels in nyc are double the price. The staff was really nice and helpful, but because it's right by the bridge/metro station, so you can hear the train at night. We asked for a room that's higher up but we can still hear the train. Nothing you can do, its just a bad location. Bring your earplugs. The room is small under 200 sq ft but thats a good size compare to rooms in nyc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at this hotel for the weekend only one day and the customer service was Phenomenal. Tiffany and Cody at the front desk where the best front desk staff I have ever experience want to tell them Thank you for everything and every time I come to New York I will stay here no matter the cost. I work for a Marriott and I wish I work with them at my hotel. This hotel should be very proud to have them working with them they made my stay a very good one. See y'all again soon!!!

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The staff make this place 5 stars!
Facilities are very nice, fresh, new, confortable and accessible but people make the place.....
It's been a week already at this place and I have not been disappointed, for that I have to write this review. Tiffany at the Front Desk was delightful since the moment we called to get directions and when we walked in she called out my name (just a guess since we talked on the phone shortly before arriving) and treated us like if we were regulars at this place, very nice lady.
Hats off to Terrence who is an excepcional gentleman, his personality, commitment to serve and respect really stands out.
Keep up the good work and the great attitude!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have stayed here with my friend 4 nights, mo - fri. The hotel looks great, I loved the décor! The room was spacios (the bathroom, too), but had indaquate storage space, just a small wardrobe, cca 50 cm wide. We had a room on the 15th floor with 2 doubles, beds were supercomfy. The trains are pretty loud, but we were so tired from shopping and sightseeing that it didn´t bother us. The free breakfast wasn´t my cup of tea, no alternative to the too sweet bakery products, only fresh food were apples and bananas. There were some butter, cheese spreads, corn flakes, oatmeals, yoghurts, milk, fruit compote and they also had a wafle maker. But it was free and better than nothing. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to reduce the noise and have a nice view.