We have been in wonderful New York many times, but this were our first hotel in Long Island City, and it was considering the price, a very nice hotel, only a few minor drawbacks......
The hotel is clean, the staff is nice and helpfull, the room we had were very nice with a Manhattan-view from 7th floor.
There are a very small gym, its ok. In the same room there are two computers and a printer, it all works fine and are free. The breakfast is ok, even that we dont understand why they dont add a little cheese and ham, that would make the breakfast good ! Its a little silly that there are only 4 small tables for the breakfast, breakfast is nicest if you are eating it sitting down......
The aircondition is working fine, but the rooms are warm and a little humid even if its cool outside, and you get a cold if you sleep with the aircondition on. Thats the bad thing at this hotel !
The location is actully great, so close to Queensboro Plaza Subway with only one stop to Manhattan on the express-train ! Grand Central is a 10 min ride. It takes less than 2 min walking to the Subway ! Right by the Subway there are several shops, and some of them are open late. The area around the Hotel and Subway is safe, dont know about the surroundings.
Our best tip : at the first Subway stop, Court House Square St. you will find Court House Square Diner right at the doorstep to the station. Its a very nice Diner, with good food, and its open all night ! You can be back at the hotel in less than 10 min.....
We recommend this hotel as a very good value New York Hotel , but maybe you should stay away in the warmest part of the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York