This hotel is very comfortable and a good location with just a subway stop away from Manhattan. That said, beware! It is not in a comfortable part of town. Super noisy, with major construction on 3 sides of the hotel and the trains squealing and rumbling through, all day. The night time is quieter but there is no where - literally, no where to go except to take the train to Manhattan or into Queens (in which case, you better speak good Spanish).
Hotel front desk is very very helpful and were so kind. Hotel maid mafia is the loudest bunch of cacklers I've ever heard. After a long night in Manhattan we slept in until 9am and were woken by what we thought was a fight in front of our door. My daughter got up to check what had happened and saw the cleaning crew down the hall screaming at one another but evidently not fighting, could they be deaf? I don't know. She said. we are sleeping can you keep it down? After that it was quiet but really! Finaly I have to mention breakfast is the kind of food you might find in a 7/11. Not worth the effort. I can recommend the Atlas cafe just a block away for, as they put it, "coffee that doesn't suck" and the bagels - ooh, some of the best lox I've tried - but after all it is NYC.
Truly an up and coming neighborhood with a whole crop of new, luxury apartments going up but not a neighborly place yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York