“Good enough hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
“Good enough hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good enough hotel for our needs, because we needed only a place to sleep. :)

Location was ok, very near to Queensboro subway station which had good connections to Manhattan. Some shops etc nearby.

Our Room was clean, staff friendly and the breakfast, though bit modest, had all the elements we needed (coffee, bread, porridge, fruits, eggs etc..)

I'd recommend this hotel for all the budget travellers who need mostly a convenient place to sleep.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing staff! Richie and Andre made our emergency stay in New York much more pleasant. My husband had a heart attack while visiting. My daughter and I had to move from one hotel to another to follow my husbands various hospitals. We were so lucky to have found Comfort Inn. They gave us a refrigerator at a reduced rate, and told us our visit could be either extended or reduced without penalty depending on my husbands recuperation. Thankfully, all went well with his recovery. We will not forget the way Richie and Andre did all they could to make us comfortable. They faxed needed information to my insurance company without charge. The ride to LaGuardia was only $20.
My first choice for hotels in the future will be Comfort Inns!

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator if needed. Only a small extra charge and well worth it.
Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this hotel because it is really close to times sq by subway. I find hotel in manhattan to be really expensive and this one was really close to it and a lot cheaper. I thought the room (2 double beds) was good and I have no complaints about the bathroom. I wasn't looking for a luxurious hotel. This was supposed to be a good place to sleep. It was clean and comfortable, Close to the subway station.
However, there is more than one line that takes us to manhattan and I took a while to realise that one of them was express... hahaha... therefore, I could have saved a bit of time on the way there and back, on my first trips... :)
Also, staying in Long Island wasn't as practical as I had imagined because it's not we can't just go back to the hotel and drop a few things (purchases) off, so if I chose to stay outside manhattan again I would definitely take a small empty suitcase with me... :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

To be honest I didn't know what to expect. But, after a short bus ride from the LaGuardia airport and a short train ride I must say that I was impressed. If I can, I try to stay at the Sheraton so I can upgrade to the Club room floor, but for this trip I didn't have it financially so I had to stay where I could afford. The 2 bed queen room was spacious, the neighbor was safe and the continental breakfast was okay (and the waffles were better than I expected), lol! If you are traveling to NYC and can't afford the Sheraton or the Marriott, this is a good plan B/C/D.

Room Tip: We were told that the trains passing by would wake us but they didn't bother us.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Carmarthen, Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Great little hotel.Very comfortable beds. Breakfast room is really small but it's fine to take food up to your room.The best thing about the hotel is that it is right next to queens plaza station and only 5/10 mins from Manhattan

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Watertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I was impressed by the helpful staff and how they went the extra mile to make sure we were pleased with our stay. They replenished the wonderful breakfast bar right up till 10:00 am when it was closing. I was totally impressed. If I am in NYC again, I will go back to that hotel. They are doing something very RIGHT!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

The hotel was in a good location close to the subway station so could get to Manhattan in around 5 minutes and had good links to JFK. Bedroom and bathroom were a good size with all usual facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful and were able to hold our bags after checkout which was good. Breakfast was nice but there was limited seating. Overall great hotel for the price and proximity to Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!