“Great location great price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Charlton MA
“Great location great price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a great location to the metro and the price is reasonable. Additional good points are the breakfast and was very clean. The parking is tight but that's nothing new in NY and the area looks a little scary but it's fine. Only stayed one night and there were no complaints but it was just an average place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Wasn't expecting much from a Comfort Inn in Queens but this was a great surprise. Lovely, clean, well furnished and well decorated rooms. Didn't feel cheap at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful, plus there was someone always in reception so you felt very safe coming in and out.

Neighbourhood wasn't the best but as the hotel was only 2 minutes from the subway it wasn't a problem, with trains into time square regularly.

Breakfast was really good, wide range of food with staff very good at refilling. Could have done with some more table and chairs though.

Overall a great location to spend a week sightseeing in New York. Would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in one of Long Island City's boutique hotels two days prior. My departing flight was canceled, so I needed to quickly find lodging for the evening. As much as I enjoyed the other place, I was in search of a relatively low price and, hopefully, free and functioning WiFi.

This hotel is half a block from Queens Plaza - making it very easy to access numerous subway lines.

The interior is a little worn, but the bed was comfy; bath products were nice; WiFi was fast! And, since I had to leave before breakfast, I appreciated the in-room coffee.

Supposedly, I received an upgrade, and that makes me wonder what my room would've been like without one...

If you're looking for charm, this isn't the place. If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to set up home base in NYC, this may be the perfect place for you.

I would consider staying here again for my next whirlwind trip.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

I had low expectations when reserving my room for the Halloween weekend for an event, but the hotel was easy to find, free parking with no worry of break ins, the front desk was more than helpful about what trains to take on the subway and gave is excellent recommendations on places to eat, the subway platform entrance was right around the corner of the hotel. Clean room, clean shower, plenty of towels, quiet guests, nice amall breakfast (orange juice, milk, bagels, cereal, etc).
Overall was satisfied with the hotel and got a great rate with my Choice Hotels Privilege Rewards program.
Would attend again soon

• Stayed October 2013
Levittown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed here for work and we have a policy with a limit for our rooms. Needless to say they shouldn't have a limit in NYC. The room was clean but small. The neighborhood was not so nice and I didn't feel safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Pros - very good location being very close to subway where a number of main lines passed through. Rooms satisfactory for sleeping in. Breakfast satisfactory. Clean and reasonably priced. Felt safe day and night walking to and from hotel to subway. The view of a scrap yard that many refer to is no longer as it has been removed in what appears to be a redevelopment of the area.

Cons - only 4 tables in breakfast resulting in either a long wait for a table or the need to carry your breakfast to your room. Rooms were small. In advance of my stay I had sent a few queries by email which never got a response. I had to mail numerous times before I eventually got a response. One of my queries was in relation to the hotel organising transport from JFK to the hotel. I was told to ring the hotel on my arrival and they would organise transport for me. When I arrived I rang the hotel to make these arrangements. On doing so I was asked for my mobile number so as the taxi driver could ring me to advise pick up point. It was at this point when I gave my number which was a UK number I was told that the driver was unable to ring international numbers. I was stranded with no transport!! I ended up taking a taxi from outside the vaiport for which I was charged $125. Originally I was quoted $65 by the hotel. All along during my communication with the hotel they knew I was from Northern Ireland but failed to inform me of this issue. When I arrived at the hotel I complained about the situation I found myself in but the reception staff were very dismissive of the situation and made the comment upon hearing what I paid for the taxi that they advise everyone to use a yellow taxi.......I wasn,'t told that. Not a great start to the holiday.
My second request at time of booking(7 months in advance) was for a room on the eighth floor this was ignored with a room on the fourth floor offered.
Since my return home ( over two weeks ago) my son realised that he left behind the charger for his laptop. I contacted the hotel to see if there was someway if organising its return. Surprise surprise the mail has been ignored and I still await a response.
Overall I found the hotel adequate but found the staff unhelpful, dismissive and very unwelcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Having visited New York several times we decided to stay somewhere different.
This is a great hotel near enough to Roosevelt Island in a residential area of LIC. Public transport into manhattan is cheap and easy to use

Room Tip: High room away from lifts