Pros - very good location being very close to subway where a number of main lines passed through. Rooms satisfactory for sleeping in. Breakfast satisfactory. Clean and reasonably priced. Felt safe day and night walking to and from hotel to subway. The view of a scrap yard that many refer to is no longer as it has been removed in what appears to be a redevelopment of the area.
Cons - only 4 tables in breakfast resulting in either a long wait for a table or the need to carry your breakfast to your room. Rooms were small. In advance of my stay I had sent a few queries by email which never got a response. I had to mail numerous times before I eventually got a response. One of my queries was in relation to the hotel organising transport from JFK to the hotel. I was told to ring the hotel on my arrival and they would organise transport for me. When I arrived I rang the hotel to make these arrangements. On doing so I was asked for my mobile number so as the taxi driver could ring me to advise pick up point. It was at this point when I gave my number which was a UK number I was told that the driver was unable to ring international numbers. I was stranded with no transport!! I ended up taking a taxi from outside the vaiport for which I was charged $125. Originally I was quoted $65 by the hotel. All along during my communication with the hotel they knew I was from Northern Ireland but failed to inform me of this issue. When I arrived at the hotel I complained about the situation I found myself in but the reception staff were very dismissive of the situation and made the comment upon hearing what I paid for the taxi that they advise everyone to use a yellow taxi.......I wasn,'t told that. Not a great start to the holiday.
My second request at time of booking(7 months in advance) was for a room on the eighth floor this was ignored with a room on the fourth floor offered.
Since my return home ( over two weeks ago) my son realised that he left behind the charger for his laptop. I contacted the hotel to see if there was someway if organising its return. Surprise surprise the mail has been ignored and I still await a response.
Overall I found the hotel adequate but found the staff unhelpful, dismissive and very unwelcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York