We stayed at this hotel from June 20th to June 24th 2014.
As a lot of other reviews say, the front desk staff offer a great Customer service.
We had a large room on the 4th floor with a king size bed, very comfortable and the room was clean. We could barely hear the subway from our room, so we did not have issues with that.
As far as the morning breakfast goes....there is a lot of room for improvement.
The size of the breakfast room is way too small for the size of the hôtel, the breakfast does not offer very much in comparison to other Comfort Inn's I've visited in NY and elsewhere. I believe the management should try and do something to improve on that, I think by adding extra space and offering a few more options (like scrambled eggs, another choice of juice, English muffins, bagels for exemple, would improve greatly) BUT we did not mind the variety as much as the lack of space available. Then again, it's not anything major, I would return to this hotel anyway!
As far as location is concerned, it's great! We purchased a Metro card for 1 week at the price of 30$ for unlimited rides. If you plan on taking the subway a lot, it's well Worth it! You may purchase the card directly at the subway station, there is a booth or you can just use the vending machine.
The subway station is just around the block which makes it very convenient and even though the neighborhood is kind of run down, it's very safe to walk back at night. The subway ride is 10 minutes to get to Midtown. Either the 7 train or the N,Q,R train can be used depending on where you'd like to go. Ask the front desk staff if you need help, they're great with that!.
If you visit during summer and you feel like going to the beach....it's very easy. Jump on the N train to Coney Island and you'll be at the beach! The train ride is 1 hour but well worth it!
If you want food near the hotel, there is a little diner at the corner of the street, you can grab something after a long day in NY and eat in room! On that same street you can also find a Pizza place, Subway restaurant, Checkers and the front desk staff can also recommend a lot of places in the area.
Lastly, if you are traveling by plane use the car service for either JFK or Laguardia. It's cheaper than a cab ride and easy to book. Just ask the front desk!!
Thanks for a great stay, we'll see next time ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York