“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Niles, Michigan
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel for several days for a long weekend. It is literally 2 seconds from the subway and we could see the Empire State building from our window. The price was great(direct booking) for something 4 stops from Times Square. Breakfast had multiple options and the staff was very pleasant. Little office area to print your boarding passes was convenient. Area seems to be up and coming, but we never felt unsafe.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
belgaum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights and overall the stay was pretty good. the hotel is very near to manhattan . The staff was good and only problem was that breakfast menu was limited and also same on all 8 days, so it became boring

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was very great. I enjoyed the trip. The staff was really very helpful. The facility was the same as mentioned itinery. The hotel location was great and approachable by all means. Train also. I reach there by flight. The airport was also very near.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Comfortable hotel. Had a room with 2 double beds, enough space, but not a massive room. View not great as mentioned previously its scap yards. Area not the prettiest, but no problems experienced. Close to 2 subways Queens Plaza and Queensborough Plaza, so brilliant for getting out and about in New York! Bought a 7 day unlimited pass for $31 it was great value for me, and was even able to be used on the Roosevelt island tram. Staff very helpful. Breakfast basic, but I booked the hotel for location not the breakfast. Perfect for our needs, great to be able to get away from all the people and return to our quiet hotel and rest after a busy day site seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in the end of September. $180/night including tax.
Our room(#410) was a doubled room and it was a smallest one we've ever stayed in NYC. The room smelled moldy and the TV reception was not good. The room was facing to scrappy dumps as everyone mentioned and it was bit noisy since the window was not sealed properly. WiFi didnt work on the first day, but it went well from next day. Complimentary breakfast was good, but it could be much better if they serve some different items at least. Always crowded since there were only 4 tables available.
Most of the staffs were friendly and helpful and the location was good to access to Manhattan.
A couple of minutes on foot from Queensboro Plaza Stn. and only 1 stop to Manhattan(59th Street).
Overall, it was a reasonable hotel for what we paid for but we are dissapointed that both the hotel nor Choice customer service haven't responded to our inquiry sent after the check out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here overnight when I was in town for Business. I arrived at ten pm and the front desk staff was very helpful. I asked them to direct me to nearby parking as I knew they had limited spaces. The young man led me out side and instructed me to park in his spot right next door. He also assured me I could leave my car there until I was done with my meeting the next day. Saved a bundle in parking fees! Since they had no room service, they showed me to a corner store across the street with great sandwiches and essentials. The room was clean and well appointed, if small. My window overlooked the scrap yard next lot over, but I wasn't there for the view. When my TV wouldn't turn on, someone came right up and set it right. The bedding was top notch, plenty of
pillows. Breakfast the next morning was simple yet serviceable. Located one block from the subway makes it convenient. Excellent value for the price in the big apple!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a quieter stay.